IGNORED

Still Delusional

BS3_RED

The NLBR fans ( like you are surprised). A little beauty from their forum... 

So thinking about it, if I was a wealthy oversees businessman with an eye on a bargain and an English football team to invest in that *could* realistically go places, surely BRFC would be high on the radar.

Based in a big provincial city, proven supporter base on the big occassion and when any success might actually materialise (Wembley / Cardiff etc), a brand new almost 22k seat stadium on the cusp of being built (even if the Sainsbury's money falls through the planning permission is there and fundable) which is designed to be expanded up to 35k if ever needed, currently at a low ebb but with loads of potential to rise the leagues given some investment.

You'd have thought investors would be knocking our doors down to get a piece of the action and anyone looking for a club with potential that could realistically rise up the leagues, surely Rovers are a prime candidate. So are City, but they already have a wealthy billionaire at the helm.

So where is everyone? Why are they investing everywhere else but not in the the Gas? You could blame the disincentive of having to work with Box 1 but surely in any takeover they would all leave anyway.

I couldn't think of a club more ripe for takeover yet it would appear nobody wants to touch us with a bargepole. Any ideas why?

What part of just been relegated to non league do they not understand?

If you look at most of the clubs being taken over they at least have some history and have fallen on hard times (leeds, forest) or are in prime locations (fulham, chelsea, man c).

While you could argue Bristol has potential, neither team has won squat or even been remotely successful since the early 80's before our fall from grace...

Teams like Preston and Bradford have more prestige for a takeover than either Bristol side, very delusional. 

The oil rich Arabs will be literally fighting one another to take over at Bristol Rovers, imagine the status symbol of owning a club that get to play Eastleigh, their mouths will be watering.

Eastleigh spending a bit apparently so maybe they have beaten the Gas to it!!..they will certainly beat 'em into the FL.....

The NLBR fans ( like you are surprised). A little beauty from their forum...

So thinking about it, if I was a wealthy oversees businessman with an eye on a bargain and an English football team to invest in that *could* realistically go places, surely BRFC would be high on the radar.

Based in a big provincial city, proven supporter base on the big occassion and when any success might actually materialise (Wembley / Cardiff etc), a brand new almost 22k seat stadium on the cusp of being built (even if the Sainsbury's money falls through the planning permission is there and fundable) which is designed to be expanded up to 35k if ever needed, currently at a low ebb but with loads of potential to rise the leagues given some investment.

You'd have thought investors would be knocking our doors down to get a piece of the action and anyone looking for a club with potential that could realistically rise up the leagues, surely Rovers are a prime candidate. So are City, but they already have a wealthy billionaire at the helm.

So where is everyone? Why are they investing everywhere else but not in the the Gas? You could blame the disincentive of having to work with Box 1 but surely in any takeover they would all leave anyway.

I couldn't think of a club more ripe for takeover yet it would appear nobody wants to touch us with a bargepole. Any ideas why?

What part of just been relegated to non league do they not understand?

what forum?

Sometimes, people without purpose live in hope in order to keep themselves going eg/walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone   

Unfortunately, hope doesn't equate to tangible reality.

For example:

'Nobody wants to touch us with a bargepole' is the only evidence based reality in that sentence and the poster can't fathom why because it is inconsistent with his own perception.

Yours

Senior Practising Psychiatrist

WTF

made I laugh mate. Some said Bert Tann was actually Rudolph Hess

You mean Martin Bormann and yes I have spelled it correctly.

One of my contacts in the booming South East Asian tiger economies is currently weighing up the possibility of a hostile takeover of BRFC.

He just needs to sort out a set of scales large enough to cope with Mr Higgs and his big budget.

Archived