IGNORED

Bcfc On Local Tv 1968-83

spudski

Some good games listed on this link.

I wonder if the footage still survives... anyone work for local TV?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/ITV/HTV.html

I don't (any more) but I happen to know that the vast majority of televised sport and entertainment programmes before 1979 have been destroyed by the cultural vandals in charge of archives in the 1980s. If you want to see something very dull from Nationwide in 1974 you're in luck, but MOTD no chance. Fortunately a number of people out there in ordinary person land recorded games from the TV, hence the Youtube footage.

I don't (any more) but I happen to know that the vast majority of televised sport and entertainment programmes before 1979 have been destroyed by the cultural vandals in charge of archives in the 1980s. If you want to see something very dull from Nationwide in 1974 you're in luck, but MOTD no chance. Fortunately a number of people out there in ordinary person land recorded games from the TV, hence the Youtube footage.

Yes, on a different note, I've been trying to get hold of an early 70's folk series called Seeds of Love by local group The Rainbow People (inc Pete Budd) .Even contacted HTV, no chance ,got rid! As you say....vandals !

Archived