IGNORED

Lennon Leaves Celtic -

Major Isewater

I reckon he has a chance. Henrik Larsson early favourite.

The only way I can see it is if he feels he needs to rebuild his reputation. I suppose if he went up there and won a couple of titles and had a good couple of years in the CL, he could come back with his CV restored.

Started his career there as well.

If he was ever serious about actually testing his managerial skills he needed leave as my blind, deaf dog could manage Celtic to the title every year!

He's going to crash and then burn, crash and then butrn some more

The only way I can see it is if he feels he needs to rebuild his reputation. I suppose if he went up there and won a couple of titles and had a good couple of years in the CL, he could come back with his CV restored.

Started his career there as well.

I agree. Almost along the same lines as Steve McLaren has done.

Being in a league that's actually competitive might show up his inability to manage. The one year he actually had a real challenger for the SPL (2010-11), he bottled it spectacularly. Since then the league has been about as competitive as a group of men playing in an Under 7's league and his cup record has been consistently poor at a time when Celtic should have been winning treble's with relative ease (not just due to the downfall of Rangers but due to the poor quality of Scottish football as a whole).

I look forward to him failing at somewhere like Norwich or West Brom.

Great man is Neil. Fought bigotry his whole career on Scotland. Maybe it'll be easier now he's not under that sort of pressure. The pressure of threats on your families life and bullets in the post... That's sort of thing

Not all the bigots live in Scotland, Brian.

Wish him all the best, wherever he goes.

Has had it easy in the league, and should have won a few more domestic competitions for sure, but has successfully got us into the CL each season and showed some decent tactical acumen against sides with much bigger budgets, despite losing his better players each season.

He's also matured as a manager and is rarely the snarling antagonist he was so often in his first season or two.

He's also had to deal with other pressures that a tiny amount of managers worldwide would ever imagine facing.. Being assaulted by pitch invading fans and sent bullets in the post for goodness sake.

Honestly have not a clue how his career will progress. Talented managers everywhere are constantly just a couple of losses from seeing their career slide. If he falls into the right job I think he has enough about himself to be a success, but who knows really?

Archived