IGNORED

David Luiz

Rob k

40m is way too much, but Luiz is a good defender if he plays with other like minded players. I can't remember whether I watched it on sky or MOTD but they analysed the 'British' style of a back 4 with a rigid shape and discipline, compared to a more continental and South American style of man to man. Watching Luiz alongside Dante for Brazil last year he looked a class act, but when played with Terry or Cahill who are holding a line he just creates space in behind. Paired with Silva at PSG I can see them being a formidable partnership.

40m is way too much, but Luiz is a good defender if he plays with other like minded players. I can't remember whether I watched it on sky or MOTD but they analysed the 'British' style of a back 4 with a rigid shape and discipline, compared to a more continental and South American style of man to man. Watching Luiz alongside Dante for Brazil last year he looked a class act, but when played with Terry or Cahill who are holding a line he just creates space in behind. Paired with Silva at PSG I can see them being a formidable partnership.

He is not a defender.

PSG pay 50m. So that gives Chelsea the funds to buy Falcao off their main competitors in the league. Doubtful but you never know.

He was surprisingly brilliant in the Confeds cup last summer for Brazil. Him and Thiago Silva have a great partnership. Defence is Brazils most strongest asset ironically.

He will be a big star in France, which is absolutely no big deal at all, only PSG, Marseille and Monaco actually pay big money and most of the players at these clubs are just chasing the money end of, the rest of the French top league is for washed has beens but more interestingly and thankfully for the better leagues in europe a lot of talented French, South American, African and other europeans (but not the UK) youngsters, who will move on for big money to the bigger european clubs, it is really the only part of French football that makes it watchable, even Joe Cole had a successful season at Lille to show how generally poor the overall standard is.

Worth 40 mil not a chance, only PSG would have paid that, not even Manc would be that stupid.

Archived