IGNORED

Sky Tv For 2014-15 Season

22A

Plans have been announced for Sky's live broadcasts next season.

40 games from the SPL,

over 100 from the Football League (does that mean each of the 72 clubs will have at least one home game shown)?

Over 120 games from the Premiership (six home games for each of the twenty clubs). Makes sense in a way because Sky continue to inform us the Prem is the most exciting and watched league in the world.

Despite that however, nearly 130 Spanish games will be shown live. Are we meant to be that interested in the Spanish league when everyone want to see the Prem?

Agreed, enjoy BT Sports because they cover different leagues. A shame Sky haven't tried covering other leagues

Yes sure sky are gutted they won't be showing Gateshead v Bristol Rovers next season.

Plans have been announced for Sky's live broadcasts next season.

40 games from the SPL,

over 100 from the Football League (does that mean each of the 72 clubs will have at least one home game shown)?

Over 120 games from the Premier League (six home games for each of the twenty clubs). Makes sense in a way because Sky continue to inform us the Prem is the most exciting and watched league in the world.

Despite that however, nearly 130 Spanish games will be shown live. Are we meant to be that interested in the Spanish league when everyone want to see the Prem?

Surprised about the interest in the Spanish game to be honest. Always found it boring personally and even worse as I couldn't care less about the result

Apparently statistically speaking the German league is the most exciting in Europe

With more passes shots on goal, and goals than any other league.

So you would think sky would be showing more German football.!

BT Sport show a fair bit of German football, maybe worth considering before subscribing to sky.

They also have their share of premiership matches, and BT Sport is free with certain cable/sat packages.

Presently the rugby league is the only reason I'm keeping the sports. Its becoming increasingly hard to justify, considering I watched pretty much every Chelsea game last season* for free by streaming online.

The way football is packaged is outdated, and I suspect the house of cards will tumble down soon.

*When I qas at home and there was a game on

• Admin

Presently the rugby league is the only reason I'm keeping the sports. Its becoming increasingly hard to justify, considering I watched pretty much every Chelsea game last season* for free by streaming online.

The way football is packaged is outdated, and I suspect the house of cards will tumble down soon.

*When I qas at home and there was a game on

HD is the only reason for keeping it now, if I wasn't such an HD snob I'd stream everything through an XBMC add on.

• Admin

which add on do you use? I use mash up but its hit and miss

I use various add-ons for HD tv shows but don't use the Sky Sports ones as I prefer watching in HD downstairs. A work colleague (on the Geraldine) was overjoyed to discover the Sky add on though. I'll try to find out which add on it is.

Surprised about the interest in the Spanish game to be honest. Always found it boring personally and even worse as I couldn't care less about the result

That was my point. Sky keep telling us everyone wants to see the Prem, but they themselves show more Spanish than Prem games.

Can someone explain this add-on business to me?

I've tried streaming games online loads of times but it's very hit and miss, generally poor quality, buffers lots and lots of pop up adverts!

Is there something I'm missing? What's the best way to stream games online?

• Admin

It's a program called XBMC and the add-ons for that. Google provides all the information you need if you search for XBMC & then XBMC add-ons. Don't want to go into too much detail on the forum as we would never seek to actively promote file streaming.

It's a program called XBMC and the add-ons for that. Google provides all the information you need if you search for XBMC & then XBMC add-ons. Don't want to go into too much detail on the forum as we would never seek to actively promote file streaming.

So long as no UK law is being broken then there ain't a problem.

Archived