IGNORED

Kaspars Gorkks

DownendRed97

a settled efense that had nosworthy in it not our current crop, you are deluded if you think our defense is good another for a top half finish

Just read my comment back, can't remember saying our defence is good enough for a top half finish

I'm saying is we need to get rid of some of our deadwood (el abd) to start bringing in defenders..

Just read my comment back, can't remember saying our defence is good enough for a top half finish

I'm saying is we need to get rid of some of our deadwood (el abd) to start bringing in defenders..

yea because getting rid of under contract players is so easy isn't

out of intrest which center backs are dead wood? flint? Williams? Osborne? or ElAbd?

yea because getting rid of under contract players is so easy isn't

out of intrest which center backs are dead wood? flint? Williams? Osborne? or ElAbd?

So what do you suggest we do??keep buying defender after defender until we get it right? or do we give the likes of el abd and flint another chance, which I think he will

Not forgetting we still have to try and cut the wage bill, whilst strengthening in other areas... SC has an extremely difficult summer to get it right

So what do you suggest we do??keep buying defender after defender until we get it right? or do we give the likes of el abd and flint another chance, which I think he will

Not forgetting we still have to try and cut the wage bill, whilst strengthening in other areas... SC has an extremely difficult summer to get it right

we are well with in our limits on wages now if we don't strengthen the defence and bring in a midfielder who can break up play then we will be in another relegation battle, its that simple,

we are well with in our limits on wages now if we don't strengthen the defence and bring in a midfielder who can break up play then we will be in another relegation battle, its that simple,

SC should be looking at the wing positions, and if you believe rumours of the Orient winger, Tommy Rowe and Luke Freeman he is, Freeman and Odubajo won't be cheap so SC has to spend wisely.

Agreed we need a defensive midfielder, but keeping on to Baldock and JET will also decide if we are on a relegation battle or not.. we need strengthening in pretty much every single area apart from strikers maybe

No thank you to Gorkss, if El Abd is given another chance next season I would rather see another young center back being brought through.

presuming we are playing a back three I would be happy to see a back line with Williams & Osbourne as the "wide" center backs with Flint/El-Abd as middle stopper, we have enough experience in the back line now with Williams having a solid season under his belt. Would like to see a young'un brought into the fringes from academy or L2 as backup.

Flint and El Abd are absolutely shocking players, we need to get rid of them if we can!

It's no coincidence our improvement in form when those two donkeys weren't in the team!

I second that

Flint is a very useful first ball winner and we were fine when it was: him + one of Williams/Osborne or both at the back.

Flint is a very useful first ball winner and we were fine when it was: him + one of Williams/Osborne or both at the back.

Are you mad??? Did you watch any games?? He scored god knows how many own goals! Gave the ball away, leading to last minute goals against us, costing us at least 10 points directly through his own mistakes! He is terrible with ball at his feet and is very slow... worst signing IMO

Are you mad??? Did you watch any games?? He scored god knows how many own goals! Gave the ball away, leading to last minute goals against us, costing us at least 10 points directly through his own mistakes! He is terrible with ball at his feet and is very slow... worst signing IMO

Yes watched plenty of games thanks and on the whole he was solid, same as he was at Swindon the season before he joined us when they conceded about 13 goals at home all season. He is prone to the occassional error, no doubt. Though he added 3 goals at the right end and had he not got injured could've made that 5 or 6 perhaps.

He struggled with Williams (lack of leadership) and El Bad (shit) but when Osborne was back there and Moloney's form improved second half of the season we looked more solid IMO.

Worst signing? You obviously haven't watched many games yourself, particularly not ones involving Nicky Shorey, Tyrone Barnett or Adam El Bad.

I think El Abd deserves a second chance.

With him being on a 3 year contract, he is going to be around for a while it seems. If he has a good pre-season, he will settle in fine next season, and it wouldn't surprise me if he started the opening game of next season.

What Cotterill did taking him out of the firing line at the end of the season was sensible.

Archived