IGNORED

David Gooodwillie

Go Junior GO

noticed he has been rereleased by blackburn weren't we going to sign him once 

The wife knows nothing about football, but she did say a few years back she could do with a Goodwillie.

Maybe she knows more than she lets on?

Not that I'm defending people fighting in the streets (and I'm certainly not advocating signing the fella), but reading that article he was just backing up his mate who'd just been punched by some toe rag. Not saying he shouldn't have been taken to court, but I'd like to think my mates would back me up if some ***** had just knocked me out

Not that I'm defending people fighting in the streets (and I'm certainly not advocating signing the fella), but reading that article he was just backing up his mate who'd just been punched by some toe rag. Not saying he shouldn't have been taken to court, but I'd like to think my mates would back me up if some ***** had just knocked me out

i think thats a different argument - i do have a serious problem with footballers being paid shedloads, getting involved with nonsense like this and then carrying on as if nothing had happened - if you or I got this on our records, we would struggle to find employment and have it hanging over us for a long time, footballers seem exempt from the rules of reality and as with no marks like Marlon King, can keep on getting away with it, as they know that clubs will turn a blind eye (chad evans another case in point) Leroy Lita was another and the list goes on and on  - Nile Ranger (FFS!) how did he get a contract at Swindon?

I think players have a moral duty to behave decently and responsibly - for their clubs, fans and themselves, those who can't resist the urge to act like complete arseholes should get what they deserve and find themselves back on the scrapheap of everyday life with everyone else - this applies to other people in the public eye too really -

errant politicians however, should just be hung up by their ankles from lamposts a la Benito.

i think thats a different argument - i do have a serious problem with footballers being paid shedloads, getting involved with nonsense like this and then carrying on as if nothing had happened - if you or I got this on our records, we would struggle to find employment and have it hanging over us for a long time, footballers seem exempt from the rules of reality and as with no marks like Marlon King, can keep on getting away with it, as they know that clubs will turn a blind eye (chad evans another case in point) Leroy Lita was another and the list goes on and on - Nile Ranger (FFS!) how did he get a contract at Swindon?

I think players have a moral duty to behave decently and responsibly - for their clubs, fans and themselves, those who can't resist the urge to act like complete arseholes should get what they deserve and find themselves back on the scrapheap of everyday life with everyone else - this applies to other people in the public eye too really -

errant politicians however, should just be hung up by their ankles from lamposts a la Benito.

All fair points

i think thats a different argument - i do have a serious problem with footballers being paid shedloads, getting involved with nonsense like this and then carrying on as if nothing had happened - if you or I got this on our records, we would struggle to find employment and have it hanging over us for a long time, footballers seem exempt from the rules of reality and as with no marks like Marlon King, can keep on getting away with it, as they know that clubs will turn a blind eye (chad evans another case in point) Leroy Lita was another and the list goes on and on - Nile Ranger (FFS!) how did he get a contract at Swindon?

There's Marlon King/Nile Ranger type clarts and then there's just ordinary young men who just get caught up in some minor fracas. Big difference.

Yes you should try to avoid trouble but sometimes trouble comes to you. I don't think anyone should get all holier than thou about such things.

Archived