IGNORED

Friends

Tins

I always had Friends down in the same category as cheesy chick flicks.

Was one of the comedy sitcoms that wasn't funny, a bit like anything involving Miranda Hart

You are so right, absolute garbage.

And if Friends was aimed at girls I am more than happy to be the exception to the rule. It would be total torture to sit down and have to watch anything like that, it's that bad I would rather go and watch the Gas!

Can I join the 'pile of crap' gang please

How that show appealed to anyone with a penis is completely beyond me!

I put it at the route cause for the rabid spread of metro-sexuality

Friends-007.jpg

It should be charged for crimes against masculinity.

ps/I would nob Jennifer Aniston, so long as she was gagged at all times in my presence.

Englands cities, towns, villages and hamlets used to be brimming with pubs.

Traditional english pubs.

Now they are dying out and being replaced by American style coffee shops.

Even the lucky ones that remain are being forced to whore out their identity by selling coffee.

******* coffee.

In a pub.

And do you know what enabled this American coffee shop invasion?...

...do you know what started it?

****ing 'Friends' and 'Central ****ing Perk'.

They should have nipped that absolute pile of sh*te right in the bud as soon as the sorry-arsed pilot first hit our shores...

...then perhaps the traditional English culture and heritage of our High Streets may have been better preserved.

Meh, Jennifer Aniston makes it watchable. Without her it would be disastrous and viewing numbers would of decrease massively

Especially Male viewers

I hate the programme for reasons already stated...

...and I therefore hate myself for rising to reply...

... BUT ARE YOU ACTUALLY ****ING SERIOUS??...

... Aniston is a hound. The less said about Kudrow the better...

...the only one who (WAS) worth looking at was Courtney Cox.

Anyway, **** 'Friends'... we should export 'Early Doors' to America...

...you never know, it might catch on and decimate their stupid 'Coffee Shop' industry.

Supposed comedy ?!

Have the Americans ever come up with anything remotely funny ?

They have nothing that comes close to the likes of Monty Python, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Porridge etc..

Agree with what you are saying. Americans are not creative when it comes to comedy and rely only on sexual comedy or abusive language. They will never be able to produce comedy such as what we created back in the 70's and 80's. 

Agree with what you are saying. Americans are not creative when it comes to comedy and rely only on sexual comedy or abusive language. They will never be able to produce comedy such as what we created back in the 70's and 80's. 

:)  But they do love that comedy Genius Benny Hill.  Sums Americans up, now only if it was Roy Chubby Brown chasing women around they could have there foul language and sexual innuendo.  With probably the two worst comedians in British history!

:)  But they do love that comedy Genius Benny Hill.  Sums Americans up, now only if it was Roy Chubby Brown chasing women around they could have there foul language and sexual innuendo.  With probably the two worst comedians in British history!

Aye Benny Hill is a big hit over there!

Tommy Cooper went over and had no luck. One of the producers went up to Tommy and said "Mr.Cooper your tricks aren't working." They obviously missed the point and true genius!

Aye Benny Hill is a big hit over there!

Tommy Cooper went over and had no luck. One of the producers went up to Tommy and said "Mr.Cooper your tricks aren't working." They obviously missed the point and true genius!

Indeed, obvious or crude humour, they love, anything that is interesting or takes a bit of computing power up stairs is all to much for many.

I've watched a fair few over the years - light viewing, kind of chewing gum for the eyes.

As character actors, I think the cast was very good and some of the scripting was excellent. The US tendency to the twee and sentimental made it a bit much at times.

What I want to know is how did a junior lecturer, a chef, a secretary, an unemployed actor (etc) all afford huge apartments in Manhattan's most expensive location? If it was set in London, they'd all be living in grot-holes in Deptford.

I've watched a fair few over the years - light viewing, kind of chewing gum for the eyes.

As character actors, I think the cast was very good and some of the scripting was excellent. The US tendency to the twee and sentimental made it a bit much at times.

What I want to know is how did a junior lecturer, a chef, a secretary, an unemployed actor (etc) all afford huge apartments in Manhattan's most expensive location? If it was set in London, they'd all be living in grot-holes in Deptford.

Yes, agreed! Bubblegum TV at its finest.

The Yanks are like the Germans, love their slapstick/daft comedy but despite all the comments above I defy anyone to watch an episode of friends and not laugh at least a couple of times. The scripts were nearly always sharp and witty and would agree the acting by the 5 main lot was underrated! Especially to remain in character and in some cases evolve the roles over 10 years.

Yes, agreed! Bubblegum TV at its finest.

The Yanks are like the Germans, love their slapstick/daft comedy but despite all the comments above I defy anyone to watch an episode of friends and not laugh at least a couple of times. The scripts were nearly always sharp and witty and would agree the acting by the 5 main lot was underrated! Especially to remain in character and in some cases evolve the roles over 10 years.

Sorry, the other half loved friends, I just found it exceedingly bland, and for me to find something truly funny I need to laugh out loud, at best I would smirk.  just dreadfully dull imo, like most American sitcoms.  How it became so big I will never know, must be a lot of people out there with a completely different type of humour to me, or like watching easy to watch blandness.

Archived