IGNORED

Another World Cup Muck Up

22A

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/why-spain-must-now-another-world-cup-kit-094728144.html

Teams are required to have two different kits for the tournament with one being light in colour and another dark, as a very different contrast.

The Zurich bureaucrats have urged nations to wear single-coloured kits to improve the quality of HD pictures from Brazil. It is also believed to aid referees, according to the governing body.

For example, it means that England will wear white, not blue shorts with their white shirts when they run out in Manaus, Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte.

Brazil are believed to be sticking with their yellow shirt and blue shorts combination, but Germany have already caved in and they unveiled their all-white kit last month.

I remember something similar in Mexico 1970, England had special pale kits made fro  'space age' material to combat the heat, the main strip was all-white and the second strip was all pale blue. The first time we wore the pale blue kit against a team in white both players and viewers had difficulty telling which team was which, so it was replaced with a red and white kit which we wore against the Germans and promptly lost!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/why-spain-must-now-another-world-cup-kit-094728144.html

Teams are required to have two different kits for the tournament with one being light in colour and another dark, as a very different contrast.

The Zurich bureaucrats have urged nations to wear single-coloured kits to improve the quality of HD pictures from Brazil. It is also believed to aid referees, according to the governing body.

For example, it means that England will wear white, not blue shorts with their white shirts when they run out in Manaus, Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte.

Brazil are believed to be sticking with their yellow shirt and blue shorts combination, but Germany have already caved in and they unveiled their all-white kit last month.

If Argentina have to wear blue and white striped shorts as well as shirts, they will look like a team of Andy Pandys.

Clearly the World Cup will not be held in Qatar which is good news.

It'll be held there regardless of any findings.

It would be a legal nightmare to stop them building and finding another host nation willing to step in. Can you imagine how long in the courts this would be. FIFA don't have the backbone, time or will to take the financial hit going through the courts.

It'll be held there regardless of any findings.

It would be a legal nightmare to stop them building and finding another host nation willing to step in. Can you imagine how long in the courts this would be. FIFA don't have the backbone, time or will to take the financial hit going through the courts.

I wouldn't be so sure. Many think a re-vote will happen and if that's the case not a chance that Qatar will get it.

I wouldn't be so sure. Many think a re-vote will happen and if that's the case not a chance that Qatar will get it.

Who will pay Qatar the money they have already sunk into the project? 

Who will pay Qatar the money they have already sunk into the project? 

Exactly. They will have spent a fortune already at this stage, there will be tens if not hundreds of businesses involved with making and supplying materials to this project. The build has started and the last thing FIFA will want to be doing is spending the next 10 years in and out of the courts.

Pure fantasy I think that they can stop this going ahead, it may not be a summer world cup but it definitely will be on.

Exactly. They will have spent a fortune already at this stage, there will be tens if not hundreds of businesses involved with making and supplying materials to this project. The build has started and the last thing FIFA will want to be doing is spending the next 10 years in and out of the courts.

Pure fantasy I think that they can stop this going ahead, it may not be a summer world cup but it definitely will be on.

Yup, the corrupt few will not lose all that money have have gained through handing out the WC to Qatar in the first place.  Quite rightly if FIFA pull out many many people will sue, the biggest being the Qatar Government, followed by hundreds of smaller businesses and contractors.

Squirm your way out of that one Blatter, I am sure Qatar have stuck by all rules and stipulations otherwise they wouldn't have got awarded it.......  right :)

The evidence is so.conclusive though I reckon the bidding process will be rerun. And although bin Hammam may have stepped down from his posts, there is still utter balcocks being spouted from Doha. The proven bribe-giver - president of the Qatar FA - was "not involved with their World Cup bid but was acting on his own initiative?! Yeah, right....

Tbh if any government can suck up the losses incurred in this debacle, Qatar's can. A deal might be done which prevents them being kicked out of world football in return for refraining from launching a legal challenge.

As for can any country step into the breach with "only" 8 years to prepare? Of course! Most footballing nations already have the infrastructure.

The evidence is so.conclusive though I reckon the bidding process will be rerun. And although bin Hammam may have stepped down from his posts, there is still utter balcocks being spouted from Doha. The proven bribe-giver - president of the Qatar FA - was "not involved with their World Cup bid but was acting on his own initiative?! Yeah, right....

Tbh if any government can suck up the losses incurred in this debacle, Qatar's can. A deal might be done which prevents them being kicked out of world football in return for refraining from launching a legal challenge.

As for can any country step into the breach with "only" 8 years to prepare? Of course! Most footballing nations already have the infrastructure.

I could see Qatar throwing a lot of money trying to clear there name through the courts. I doubt FIFA would be able to give it to another country while there were legal proceedings going on. They will claim these people were acting alone.

I like the idea.

This is how it works in Basketball and American Football. In Basketball EVERY teams home jerseys are white and every teams away jerseys are whatever colour represents that team. Never have any clashes. Works perfectly.

They also have "throwback" nights now and then and both teams wear jerseys from the past which can be quite nice to see.

I could see Qatar throwing a lot of money trying to clear there name through the courts. I doubt FIFA would be able to give it to another country while there were legal proceedings going on. They will claim these people were acting alone.

You have to consider how likely is it that the chairman of Qatar's FA has nothing to do with the country's World Cup bid and also from what source did he get the money. 

Fifa would be an even bigger laughing stock than it is already if it just accepted the Qatari's claim that the chairman of their own association - who sat with the Emir and amid the bidteam at the ceremony - was NOT involved in their bid. As the ST points out, he was the only person in the room who didn't look surprised when the result was read out.

And as I said, if they threaten Fifa's due process with a battery of lawyers, then expel them from the organisation and move right on. Fifa has expelled a number of nations over the years, its constitution allows them to do so.

One way around this fiasco recurring is to weight the voting on such matters according to the size of the country's professional leagues and numbers of players and spectators. So Germany, Italy, England, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa etc would have more weight in Fifa's policy decisions than Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda, Tahiti - and Qatar.

I see that England's training session in Miami has had to be cancelled because of a torrential downpour at the start of the hurricane season, locals can't understand why they didn't realise that's what happens there at this time of year, D'oh!

They're in for a REAL surprise when they get to Qatar in June, then...

Archived