IGNORED

When The Hell Is There Going To Be Some Transfer Activity?!

B-Rizzle

I wouldn't say I'm worried but am certainly getting a bit itchy regarding our lack of transfer activity! Anyone else?

This is partly as we need to increase our squad numbers significantly. I expect we will sign somewhere between 4-7 players this summer. I'm working on the basis that having released so many senior players we will be looking to sign at least:

1 defender

2 midfielders

1 striker

We are probably also looking for:

1 goalkeeper

1 more defender

1 winger

When the transfer window opens on July 1st?

That transfer window is a red herring! Have we seen any signings for under-contract players announced yet? Yes, we have. Peterborough signed Taylor today and they had to pay a fee for him. Technically the transfer won't be completed till July but transfers like this always have been and always will be announced when they happen during the summer.

The transfer window is effectively open now as there are no games between the end of the season and the 1st July anyway. I'd suggest that lack of activity is probably more down to the 'early days' nature of where we're at, seeing as there are still at least 4-5 weeks until pre-season starts.

I agree with robbo we are losing out to teams who we are hopefully goin to be challenging with to he out o this league at the right and lack of transfer activity compared to compared to some clubs like Peterborough who are signing players that we should look at and fit the bill I.e Taylor we need to have started by now an teams like shrewsbury have already signed 5 players

The reality is we don't know what negotiations are taking place between City and numerous players. Players don't take the first offer that comes along. They wait to see if any other clubs are interested and then the agents get to work trying to get the best deal for the player and themselves. Often it's just the agent trying to get the best deal for themselves.

We need to get the right players in. But I agree I saw that Peterborough signed that winger, and thought that's the kind of player we should be going for, proven good players from lesser teams, not trying to compete with the likes of wolves for rowe etc

Just to clarify, my post wasn't a dig at SC or the club. Neither do I believe we are getting left behind by rivals.

I'm just getting a bit restless as it's nice to have transfer news. Like others I'd much rather we signed the right players than rushed into anything.

The reality is we don't know what negotiations are taking place between City and numerous players. Players don't take the first offer that comes along. They wait to see if any other clubs are interested and then the agents get to work trying to get the best deal for the player and themselves. Often it's just the agent trying to get the best deal for themselves.

Jog on mate, your sensible and rational post has no place whatsoever on this forum!

We're clearly not trying. Sack the board.

Uhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

The World Cup starts next week, it's obvious that we won't sign anyone until its over, as most of our targets will be full internationals from Germany, Spain, Nederlands, Argentina, Brazil etc etc........

FFS man time..........

...or Honduras.

Archived