IGNORED

Andy "ex Pro" Townsend

Will Rollason

Already pissing me off, and not just him.....

Look, that first goal right ? how did you see it?

was it (a) mazeballs bit of skill from a guy to bring that high ball down, I was shouting "down for a pound" ,really class bit of work , looked up and swung in a world class cross at pace into the box where it was met by a fantastic header.

or (b) Townsend and, from beeb," Ecuador took advantage of poor England defending as Enner Valencia headed them in front early on" and yes i suppose he could have been closed down and yes Shaw should have been goal side in a perfect world but sometimes you just have to say "wow , what a goal that was." yes?

Same for their second, half a yard of space .....BOOM , cracking finish but no, it was poor defending

No, it was a great goal.

so there..... anyway..

Hart

johnson ( god he worries me) cahill jagielka Baines

gerrard henderson

lallana Rooney Milner

Sturridge

i would have Barkley but think Roy will go cagey at first protecting Johnson with Milner and then get Barks or Sterling on, read that Welbeck might be played to negate Pirlo??

I'll be quite honest, I like him as a pundit and really don't get the hate for him.  Honest, tells it as it is.  Sound's like someone who played the game.

And won the Coca Cola Cup twice, and dick all else.

For IRELAND, how comes he thinks he's English ?

Because he was born in Maidstone, has spent his whole life in England, and has probably only ever been to Ireland to play football matches in Dublin?  :dunno: 

I'll be quite honest, I like him as a pundit and really don't get the hate for him.  Honest, tells it as it is.  Sound's like someone who played the game.

Do you enjoy his inane ramblings about absolutely nothing for the whole game??

A co-commentator is meant to add something different to the game, and insight which is different from the main commentator.. Townsend just states the obvious. But does it for 15 minutes..

Already pissing me off, and not just him.....

or (b) Townsend and, from beeb," Ecuador took advantage of poor England defending as Enner Valencia headed them in front early on" and yes i suppose he could have been closed down and yes Shaw should have been goal side in a perfect world but sometimes you just have to say "wow , what a goal that was." yes?

Same for their second, half a yard of space .....BOOM , cracking finish but no, it was poor defending

No, it was a great goal.

Exactly what I said when watching it last night.

It was a superb goal and there really doesn't always have to be someone to blame/at fault.

Townsend won't shut up, is always repeating himself, and is basically a very boring and annoying individual.

Aparently he has had a few pints of Guinness, once took his missus to see Riverdance and has a sweater like Val Doonican's.

That's good enough.

I wouldn't want Val Doonican's initials though.....

I agree with some comments above that Townsend can be annoying, but I respect the level of footy he played at, basically the highest, and think he may know more about it than most of us

I don't particularly like Andy Townsend but ..

First goal Milner's clearance/pass to Oxlade-Chamberlain who lost control of the ball who fails to then get goal side to work the cross, and the scorer outjumps a defender. Its a very poor goal to concede.

Equaliser decent build up but Milner and Wilshire both fail to close down. If one takes a step, or the other two or three closer to the ball the goalscorer would have had to do more than simply shift the ball sideways to shoot. They stood off and left space for the opponent to shoot. Poor again.

Exactly what I said when watching it last night.

It was a superb goal and there really doesn't always have to be someone to blame/at fault.

Townsend won't shut up, is always repeating himself, and is basically a very boring and annoying individual.

Goddle also thought that Milner and Wilshire were at fault, although he did say that the heat along with their past lives as an estate agent and a boy racing ballerina played a massive part in the goal

Do you enjoy his inane ramblings about absolutely nothing for the whole game??

A co-commentator is meant to add something different to the game, and insight which is different from the main commentator.. Townsend just states the obvious. But does it for 15 minutes..

Glad somebody else said 'inane' - that sums him (and numerous other pundits, BBC and ITV ones in particular although not exclusively).

And Johnson is an utter liability - he reminds me of early Rio Ferdinand when he kept making mistakes, except he eventually grew out of it. I'd have been seriously tempted to play Baines, Shaw or Cole on the right.

And Jack Wilshere with his ice skating technique - glide, glide, fall over, look at ref.

I'm tempted to turn the tv commentary off this world cup.

The radio is usually better but hopefully there is a way of streaming in foreign commentary. Anything south american will do ne nicely.

I don't think I can take a whole WC of AT& CO.

he's a ****** paddy ! He CHOSE Ireland .

Indeed, a convenient way to play international football.

Doesn't mean he feels Irish though, any more than Louis Carey is planning his future around travelling the world with the Tartan Army.

ITV coverage on the whole is poor, let alone individual pundits.

Agree totally. Not a huge fan of Lineker but at least the bloke knows what he is talking about unlike that Moron Chiles.

BBC do a more professional job than ITV who just seem shoddy in comparison. Hate Chiles doing football, another of those people you wonder how the hell did he get the job as there must be much better people out there.

The one that really gets us wound up in the RedM household is Michael Owen. Annoying whiney voice and all me, me,me, I know everything, until he opens his mouth and proves otherwise.

Same here.

Besides, is it not obvious that a pundit/commentator will give an account of the action from the home team perspective?

Archived