IGNORED

England's Brightest Young Prospect @ Brazil 2014

Manon

England's brightest prospect @Brazil 2014  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had the Ox not got injured I think he would of been our "young star". Can't see Barkley getting in the team enough so it will be either Wilshere or Sterling

P.S Lallana is 26. Should perhaps swap him for Jordan Henderson

Any more of this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10887913/World-Cup-2014-Englands-Ross-Barkley-delays-training-after-almost-missing-team-bus.html

and he won't be playing at all. lack of respect and arrogance. I can see zero reason for being late fro training in the surroundings they are currently in.  Boy need a kick up the ass not sarcastic applause, I hope Hodgson has delivered it,

Barkley by a country mile. Dont think he'l start the first game but will come on with 30 mins to go and transform England. Roy will then have no choice but to start him v Uruguay and a new star will be born. He is some player and oozes class and plays the game without fear. Reminds me of when Gazza burst onto the scene and could easily have the same impact. Haven't been this excited about a young England player for a long time. 

Ah, yes. I'm a tw*t.

Can't seem to edit it. Maybe we can just pretend he is younger??

yep, pretend is the way to go.  I think he is a good talent anyway, intelligent footballer.

Pretend is fine, people have been pretending Rooney is great from 2005 :)

Shite? Good input....

Let's write off a player at the age of 22....

I like Wilshire, thought he looked very good, first touch and  head up all the time.  But the guy looks to be going the way of Anderton, and without a sustained run of games his potential will not be realised.  I fear the boy is made of glass, although some of the challenges he has been on the end of have been quite nasty.

I like Wilshire, thought he looked very good, first touch and  head up all the time.  But the guy looks to be going the way of Anderton, and without a sustained run of games his potential will not be realised.  I fear the boy is made of glass, although some of the challenges he has been on the end of have been quite nasty.

That's his problem, ever since he's burst on the scene he has been plagued by injury and on this season's form probably hasn't done enough to be a certain starter but to simply describe him as 'shite' is way over the top for me.

That's his problem, ever since he's burst on the scene he has been plagued by injury and on this season's form probably hasn't done enough to be a certain starter but to simply describe him as 'shite' is way over the top for me.

He isn't shite, he could be very good, not your head down type of player, when he first burst onto the scene, he was already thinking about where to play the ball or move with the ball.  Very pro active player, not reactionary.  I hope he can get over these injury problems, as his first touch and awareness is so much better than players in his age group.  I do fear he will turn into a huge talent that disappeared into a lake of injury

Instead of Anderton which I suggestd, I think maybe  Dyer would be a better player to align him to, after all Anderton always seemed to shake off injuries come WC or Euros time :)

He isn't shite, he could be very good, not your head down type of player, when he first burst onto the scene, he was already thinking about where to play the ball or move with the ball.  Very pro active player, not reactionary.  I hope he can get over these injury problems, as his first touch and awareness is so much better than players in his age group.  I do fear he will turn into a huge talent that disappeared into a lake of injury

Instead of Anderton which I suggestd, I think maybe  Dyer would be a better player to align him to, after all Anderton always seemed to shake off injuries come WC or Euros time :)

I would personally start him over Henderson but as much as I like Wilshere I understand if Roy opts for Henderson. I just hope Wilshere's injury problems are behind him and he can get back to his best.

I like wilshere alot. He has a good football brain, and can make things happen with his creativity.

One thing I noticed in the friendlies is that he isn't as mobile as he maybe should or could be. Whether that is partly dictated by his injury prone ways I'm unsure. He does make good forward runs, but doesn't work hard enough to create angles when not on the ball imo.

If he can learn to develop that side, he could be an iniesta type.

I'd like to see him impose himself a bit more as well - goes missing too often.

I would personally start him over Henderson but as much as I like Wilshere I understand if Roy opts for Henderson. I just hope Wilshere's injury problems are behind him and he can get back to his best.

Interesting, i never rated Henderson much, but he has linked up with Gerrard well at LFC this season, he seems to have upped his game and understands the role Gerrard will presumably be playing, so for that, I would stick with Henderson.

But in player to player comparison, I rate for natural ability, Wilshire over Henderson.

I like wilshere alot. He has a good football brain, and can make things happen with his creativity.

One thing I noticed in the friendlies is that he isn't as mobile as he maybe should or could be. Whether that is partly dictated by his injury prone ways I'm unsure. He does make good forward runs, but doesn't work hard enough to create angles when not on the ball imo.

If he can learn to develop that side, he could be an iniesta type.

I'd like to see him impose himself a bit more as well - goes missing too often.

Yep I'd agree with that, although I thin his natural footballing brain generally gets him a yard of space his mobility may let him down on, he seems to be moving before the ball gets to him.

Ff he can get it all going, he will be one of our players who I think can shine at international level, he has a game that suits it more than the Prem.

26 games this season 3 goals and 4 assists is an awful return from a bang average player.

I remember reading something I think Pep Guardiola said about him, something along the lines of he gets looked upon as a talent because he plays like a Spaniard but is English and is no better than players in his B team.

I like Wilshire, thought he looked very good, first touch and head up all the time. But the guy looks to be going the way of Anderton, and without a sustained run of games his potential will not be realised. I fear the boy is made of glass, although some of the challenges he has been on the end of have been quite nasty.

There are parallels with his and Ramsey's career. Break onto the scene and look a world beater, then suffer from some bad injuries and come back not looking the same player.

Hopefully Wilshire can continue this and have a year like Ramsey's!

26 games this season 3 goals and 4 assists is an awful return from a bang average player.

I remember reading something I think Pep Guardiola said about him, something along the lines of he gets looked upon as a talent because he plays like a Spaniard but is English and is no better than players in his B team.

Not quite true is it, he said he was a excellent player a top player, not only for Arsenal, but England also, but was lucky to play for a team not under pressure to win titles.

There are parallels with his and Ramsey's career. Break onto the scene and look a world beater, then suffer from some bad injuries and come back not looking the same player.

Hopefully Wilshire can continue this and have a year like Ramsey's!

here is hoping, but Ramsey missed nearly half a season this year, I should know, he got me a shite load of points in my fantasy league team at the start of the season!

Interesting, i never rated Henderson much, but he has linked up with Gerrard well at LFC this season, he seems to have upped his game and understands the role Gerrard will presumably be playing, so for that, I would stick with Henderson.

But in player to player comparison, I rate for natural ability, Wilshire over Henderson.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly mate.

Bang average or shite? He hasn't and never will be a goal scorer. He isn't that type of player. Granted his assist return needs to improve based on this season but he's 22 years old and has been injured for large spells not just this season. Very good player who will improve and shouldn't be written off  because of one not so good season, much like Henderson was the year before last.

Bang average or shite? He hasn't and never will be a goal scorer. He isn't that type of player. Granted his assist return needs to improve based on this season but he's 22 years old and has been injured for large spells not just this season. Very good player who will improve and shouldn't be written off  because of one not so good season, much like Henderson was the year before last.

i am wondering if that bang average quote was aimed at my opinion of Rooney :)

i am wondering if that bang average quote was aimed at my opinion of Rooney :)

I actually rate Rooney but he has been bang average for England at tournaments or when needed for too long. If he doesn't do the business this time then he can't expect to be a regular. Fortunately this time we actually have an awful lot of competition. Something Rooney has never had. For what it's worth I don't think we will see the best of him in the no.10 role for England. He needs to play as the number 9 with his back to goal, linking the play and keeping the ball.

I actually rate Rooney but he has been bang average for England at tournaments or when needed for too long. If he doesn't do the business this time then he can't expect to be a regular. Fortunately this time we actually have an awful lot of competition. Something Rooney has never had. For what it's worth I don't think we will see the best of him in the no.10 role for England. He needs to play as the number 9 with his back to goal, linking the play and keeping the ball.

Rooney is and never has been a striker imo. he is a link man, someone who can push a defence back with a forward thrust.  His ability to trap/control a ball is woeful for a so called quality player, and he runs too much with his head down.  he plays like a kid as well, getting into positions he shouldnt be in, such as left back!  If he stuck to his position, and stayed there, he would be a lot better.  but he has too many weak points to his game for me.  He has the ability in some aspects of his game to be world class, but he has too many bad points for me that nulify that.

I would like to see his stats if he played for say Newcastle, like Shearer did for many years, i am not so sure his stats would look so impressive, he imo should have scored and assisted so many more in such an attack minded team.

Intersting this one Taylor, normally agree with what we class as good and bad players

Archived