IGNORED

England's Brightest Young Prospect @ Brazil 2014

Manon

England's brightest prospect @Brazil 2014  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rooney is and never has been a striker imo. he is a link man, someone who can push a defence back with a forward thrust.  His ability to trap/control a ball is woeful for a so called quality player, and he runs too much with his head down.  he plays like a kid as well, getting into positions he shouldnt be in, such as left back!  If he stuck to his position, and stayed there, he would be a lot better.  but he has too many weak points to his game for me.  He has the ability in some aspects of his game to be world class, but he has too many bad points for me that nulify that.

I would like to see his stats if he played for say Newcastle, like Shearer did for many years, i am not so sure his stats would look so impressive, he imo should have scored and assisted so many more in such an attack minded team.

Intersting this one Taylor, normally agree with what we class as good and bad players

For me, with the players we have for England I think he could be effective as a no.9. He needs a rocket up his arse and I agree with you when you say he's often out of position which is why I wouldn't play him in 'the hole'. It annoys me because he seems to amble around and is either too far advanced or too deep when in the hole for England and hasn't effected games for a long time. He is however completely different for United. I just think he has played his best football when played as a striker. Granted not a natural finisher as such. I like his work rate and I really hope he does the business and finds top form but I think all anyone can ask is if he doesn't then he shouldn't be an automatic selection.

For me, with the players we have for England I think he could be effective as a no.9. He needs a rocket up his arse and I agree with you when you say he's often out of position which is why I wouldn't play him in 'the hole'. It annoys me because he seems to amble around and is either too far advanced or too deep when in the hole for England and hasn't effected games for a long time. He is however completely different for United. I just think he has played his best football when played as a striker. Granted not a natural finisher as such. I like his work rate and I really hope he does the business and finds top form but I think all anyone can ask is if he doesn't then he shouldn't be an automatic selection.

I used to like his work rate as well.

Take a look at Pat Nevin's analysis of him recently.  A real eye opener, even to what I though about the bloke

I used to like his work rate as well.

Take a look at Pat Nevin's analysis of him recently.  A real eye opener, even to what I though about the bloke

I haven't read Nevin's analysis but would probably find it interesting. It is rare we disagree TRL but interesting when we do as you are one of the few on here that can actually engage in constructive debate and back up opinions. I just hope he lives up to the hype but he has a lot to do.

I haven't read Nevin's analysis but would probably find it interesting. It is rare we disagree TRL but interesting when we do as you are one of the few on here that can actually engage in constructive debate and back up opinions. I just hope he lives up to the hype but he has a lot to do.

Yer tis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27719073

Interesting and very valid points. He does very much look like he hasn't the hunger he had which is deeply concerning to be honest. Needs a rocket up his arse for sure.

yep, that said it may be limited games and they are picking and choosing, but that is not the mobile Rooney of old, where you knew he would chase everything.

This is the Rooney I have been hearing about from my Cousin, who used to work as part of his agency, and deal with him regulary until about 2005, apparently this is what many in Manchester have been seeing for the past couple of years.

Jeez guys! Get a room ;)

Barkley is a real talent but he isn't ready to start.

Barkley looks good, but is one that doesn't get his head up, not sure he will turn into a a really good player truth be told.  If he can he could be very good.  But the really good players tend to have this ability from the off.  Here is hoping he can as his close control is pretty good, even if some of his passing is a little wayward.

Barkley looks good, but is one that doesn't get his head up, not sure he will turn into a a really good player truth be told.  If he can he could be very good.  But the really good players tend to have this ability from the off.  Here is hoping he can as his close control is pretty good, even if some of his passing is a little wayward.

Exactly right. Watched the game the other day and he never once looked up to pick a pass. Still would be a great weapon to put on for 20 mins though.

Gary Neville for me, although not a superstar, very calm and collected, great defensive qualities and 100% committed.

Barkley as an alternative, he needs to start instead of the transplant, as I've said before not popular at united with fans, always out of the position and too greedy, thinks he's still playing in a smack ridden street in rat town. Time to grow up or **** off.

Glen is that you?

I'm very insulted. Roy has been monitoring my performances in the Goodwin Sports Centre Monday night 5-a-side leagues and told me that Stevie Wonder could see I'm a better right back than Glen Johnson. Unfortunately I have a long-standing back complaint...

I'm very insulted. Roy has been monitoring my performances in the Goodwin Sports Centre Monday night 5-a-side leagues and told me that Stevie Wonder could see I'm a better right back than Glen Johnson. Unfortunately I have a long-standing back complaint...

It's just that Glen Hoddle said the SMS thing during the rain break, 7 times. He is a ****, you sir are not that.

It's just that Glen Hoddle said the SMS thing during the rain break, 7 times. He is a ****, you sir are not that.

Ah right! Wrong Glen. I didn't watch the Honduras game as I was at a wedding. I can only assume that Mystic Meg plucked that thought from my head using paranormal powers and told Glen what to say. The thieving bastard

Archived