IGNORED

Forget World In Motion...this Is Still The Best England Wc Song

Steve Watts

....and can be adapted to the present day changes quite easily...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w3_PZh0IR4&feature=kp

We're on our way,
We are Roy's twenty-three
Hear us roar,
Singing God Save The Queen

This time, more than any other time, this time,
We're going to find a way,
Find a way to get away,
This time, getting it all together

To win them all,
It's what we'll set out to do
We have a dream,
We know you're sharing it too

Find a way to get away,

We'll get it right
This time, get it right,
This time

It makes you wonder,
It makes you proud
To play for England,
And hear the crowd

As we're marching
On towards victory

This time,
This time

We're on our way,
We are Roy's twenty-three
Hear us roar,
Singing God Save The Queen

Find a way to get away,

We'll get it right
This time, we'll get it right

....and can be adapted to the present day changes quite easily...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w3_PZh0IR4&feature=kp

Four years ago the Fishermen's Friends No Hopers, Jokers and Rogues could not have been any more appropriate for the rubbish served up! ... this year I like the fact Monty Python have re-recorded Bright Cider Life, it fits the nation's more laid back approach very well.

Chumbawumba Tubthumping (yes I had to google the spelling) is my favourite. I liked 3 Lions when it first came out but it seems to get rehashed often so overdone and lost some of its appeal. Had some good memories singing vindaloo too.

When I was a kid (when England meant more to me than they do now) Three Lions was where it was at. Therefore, for me, that will always be "the" England song. I used to sing along to that as a kid with a genuine expectation of seeing England lift the trophy.

What a ****.

Anyone who says anything other than World In Motion is the best England song is either drunk or got a terrible taste in music

In your opinion......

It's rubbish!

World Cup songs should be rousing singalongs with NO rapping in!

Or something wildly patriotic like 'There will always be an England...'

You're the one with terrible taste fella...

In your opinion......

It's rubbish!

World Cup songs should be rousing singalongs with NO rapping in!

Or something wildly patriotic like 'There will always be an England...'

You're the one with terrible taste fella...

Haha that's the first time anyone's ever said I have a terrible taste in music.

I don't mind a rousing patriotic song, unfortunately they tend to get hijacked by that god awful England band

Haha that's the first time anyone's ever said I have a terrible taste in music.

I don't mind a rousing patriotic song, unfortunately they tend to get hijacked by that god awful England band

Totally agree with you on that one mate - why the he'll does anyone think it's cool for a brass band to play songs in a football crowd??!!

Now, as I'm the guy with the best taste in mooosik ever, I'm off to listen to my Genesis albums.....(joke, honest!)

The original Three Lions is my fave England song, but that was Euros's, not world cup.  Wasn't as keen on the subsequent world cup one.

Think I'm slightly biased on This Time because that was the first single four year old me ever owned!  Ironic wording though of "This Time, We'll get it right", when the only thing we got right that tournament was the song!

Just listened to world in motion as loud as my vehicle would allow without distortion.

Actually got goose bumps, and had to play it again. It has really got me (belatedly) in the mood for the WC.

Sometimes it sounds a bit cringe to me, but at times like these nothing else quite his the mark..

But, as so often with music, I think it probably might be a generation thing. Whether it appeals to some of our younger fans I have no idea but would be interested to hear.

It just transports me back to that time when I was a wide eyed youngster, believing my heros could achieve the impossible - and they nearly did...

The original Three Lions is my fave England song, but that was Euros's, not world cup. Wasn't as keen on the subsequent world cup one.

Think I'm slightly biased on This Time because that was the first single four year old me ever owned! Ironic wording though of "This Time, We'll get it right", when the only thing we got right that tournament was the song!

Think they did a 1998 World Cup version if memory serves me correctly. Does that count?

Think they did a 1998 World Cup version if memory serves me correctly. Does that count?

Absolutely counts, but didn't really like it...thought the original worked much better, imo.  By the time the 98 version came out the original had been played to death.

Archived