IGNORED

Forget World In Motion...this Is Still The Best England Wc Song

Steve Watts

I bought it on amazon as a tribute to Rik Mayall, but really one listen is enough!

It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but it's better than most efforts in recent years and actually quite catchy.

A nice way to pay respect to Rik.

Chumbawumba Tubthumping (yes I had to google the spelling) is my favourite. I liked 3 Lions when it first came out but it seems to get rehashed often so overdone and lost some of its appeal. Had some good memories singing vindaloo too.

love this song but my aunt had it at her funeral so it always brings a tear too the eye

Great memories of both WIM and 3 Lions, both great songs

Hearing Wembley singing 3 Lions during Euro 96, that was special. Hearing the Germans singing it at Wembley after winning, not so!

I could watch this video all day, what an atmosphere...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tkkqSl-rfh4

And also the rendition of you'll never walk alone. Anyone know why that was, or why England don't sing it anymore?

love this song but my aunt had it at her funeral so it always brings a tear too the eye

My Aunt had 'Abide with Me' played at hers, I couldn't work out why as she wasnt a football fan...I didn't realise it was a hymn!

Absolutely counts, but didn't really like it...thought the original worked much better, imo. By the time the 98 version came out the original had been played to death.

I agree. Not a patch on the original but still a darn sight better than a lot of the dross they have released in the name of England World Cup anthems over the years IMHO.

Archived