IGNORED

Anyone But England

Aizoon

You know, the Scots are strange people. If my country had failed to qualify for the World Cup since Adam was a lad, I wouldn't want to draw people's attention to the fact.

What do you expect ?

Just 4 years after the Falklands War, the jocks were idolising Maradonna for his Hand of God goal "Which knocked out England".

Celebrating a bloody goal was more important to them, than remembering the many Scots Guards who died liberating the Falklands from the bloody Argies, JUST FOUR YEARS PREVIOUSLY !!!

Haters got to hate

They are the Bristol R*vers of world football

You know, you're right. If we're challenging for promotion next season (and I hope we are) will there be posters all over North Bristol saying "ANYONE BUT THE SHEEDS"?

What do you expect ?Just 4 years after the Falklands War, the jocks were idolising Maradonna for his Hand of God goal "Which knocked out England".Celebrating a bloody goal was more important to them, than remembering the many Scots Guards who died liberating the Falklands from the bloody Argies, JUST FOUR YEARS PREVIOUSLY !!!

Always found that a little odd myself. Sure it doesn't apply to all Scots, but felt a bit soon to cheer the enemy, even if it was against the 'real' enemy

I don't care that they take an ABE approach, I do the same with Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

When Brazil got their 2nd in the opening game of France 1998, I was possibly the only one in Corney & Barrow who cheered.

Me too, Whenever they are losing in world cup/ euro Qualifiers I always have a chuckle. :clapping::P

Me too, Whenever they are losing in world cup/ euro Qualifiers I always have a chuckle. :clapping::P

I was in Dublin the day we played Brazil in Doha in a friendly in 2009 (was going to the Ireland v France play-off game).  Watched the England game in a pub packed with Irish:  as warm-up they had the England v Ireland game from Euro 1988 playing, and then during the match, they were all cheering Brazil.  Why they then think I would want anything but sporting despair for them, God only knows. 

I know what you mean, I was in Tenerife when Brazil beat us in the 2002 World Cup, the Scots were mouthing off big time like they just won the World Cup !!

And to top it all off loads of sweatys were wearing Brazil tops around the resort, how sad is that ??

What do you expect ?

Just 4 years after the Falklands War, the jocks were idolising Maradonna for his Hand of God goal "Which knocked out England".

Celebrating a bloody goal was more important to them, than remembering the many Scots Guards who died liberating the Falklands from the bloody Argies, JUST FOUR YEARS PREVIOUSLY !!!

I was at the Wales v England game in 82 just before the Spain WC and just as the Falklands had kicked off.

The Welsh fans were chanting "Argentina",unbelievable considering what happened a few weeks later to a lot of Welsh servicemen.

I was at the Wales v England game in 82 just before the Spain WC and just as the Falklands had kicked off.

The Welsh fans were chanting "Argentina",unbelievable considering what happened a few weeks later to a lot of Welsh servicemen.

Simon Weston being a prime example.

Being from Ireland, Ive never supported England before in any tournament as I've been thoroughly sick of the English media banging on about winning the tournaments they're in after one good result.This time it's different however as I now live here, the media aren't ramping up the chances of a so - so side and I've been asked down the pub with all the locals on Saturday to watch the game.Whos the alternative after all? France? Holland? No thanks...

The Welsh are a laughing stock, I still cannot believe players like Giggs and Bale have thrown their International Careers away on them. Especially Giggs who played for the England Youth teams and then chose oblivion basically. :blink:

Pfft

Either way, regardless of the outcome of the vote in September, the English will never forgive the Scots and will, one way or another, make them pay for their lack of gratitude for all the years of putting up with their whingeing and scrounging.

The scots are very much like the Gas, bitter tinpot losers who think they're better than they are.

I was living in Scotland during the last World Cup. It was hell. Everyone was in the pub was supporting Germany on that terrible second round day. I shall bear the scars for life...

So glad to be back down here for this World Cup.

Rebuild the Wall I say!

It's the only way the Scots/Irish/Welsh can feel part of the World Cup/Euro's...they haven't got the build up / atmosphere surrounding their nations playing in the competition, so the next best thing is getting excited about your rivals losing a big game..

We're not gonna win it ...but it's great to be involved....will be supporting my country England - wouldn't wear any other nations shirt...

It's the only way the Scots/Irish/Welsh can feel part of the World Cup/Euro's...they haven't got the build up / atmosphere surrounding their nations playing in the competition, so the next best thing is getting excited about your rivals losing a big game..

We're not gonna win it ...but it's great to be involved....will be supporting my country England - wouldn't wear any other nations shirt...

Nor would I , England or nothing.

Genuine question here: If the Scots gain independance would/should Britain or the UK have a united football team? (basically Wales and England, or Wales, England and NI). Clearly the Welsh aren't great but produce the odd world class player. Imagine having Bale and Ramsay now for example? Or Giggs on the left wing for all those years. Or Georgie Best etc going back further.

I wouldn't be against it at all and if the sweaties go, then I think the rest of the UK should actually unite and show them what they are missing...

Agree, it's really odd seeing some fat, ginger haired white kid trotting round in a Brazil shirt, when he couldn't even point to it on a map of the world

Don't get me wrong, I'm no xenophobe, but wearing another country's colours is just WRONG.

Genuine question here: If the Scots gain independance would/should Britain or the UK have a united football team? (basically Wales and England, or Wales, England and NI). Clearly the Welsh aren't great but produce the odd world class player. Imagine having Bale and Ramsay now for example? Or Giggs on the left wing for all those years. Or Georgie Best etc going back further.

I wouldn't be against it at all and if the sweaties go, then I think the rest of the UK should actually unite and show them what they are missing...

intresting one that, I don't think it would ever work,

Archived