IGNORED

Mark Little

Cobby the red

Very attack minded apparently.
I can't say I know much about him and missed our game v p'boro last season, but he looks some player!

Seems to have everything for a wing back/right back.

Speed, crossing, tackling, heading.

I would like to see him sign for us.

To join on a 3 year deal apparently. Really don't understand that - surely 2 is better and more likely to keep a player on his toes?

Has this been officially confirmed yet?

Where have you seen it's been agreed..?

Quite right, thank you.

No-one is knocking SC anyway...the board have sanctioned a 3 year deal...they're the ones who claim they've learned from previous mistakes, let's hope they have.

I thnki they have a 3 year contract for a 25 yo is a different to a 3 year contract offered to say a 30+, last time I check a footballers career doesn't finish at 30, 30 isn't old for a footballer when most play til 35,

Plenty of reports this morning via Newsnow from the Pboro end claiming it's a 3 year bumper pay deal.

its only a bumper pay deal if he's shit,

I remember David james wages went from 15k a week to 40k a week in the space of a week

Quite right, thank you.

No-one is knocking SC anyway...the board have sanctioned a 3 year deal...they're the ones who claim they've learned from previous mistakes, let's hope they have.

Little is 25, so still has sell on value, hence a 3 year deal is the right option IMHO. El-Abd is 29 so in 3 years he will be 32 - no sell on value so wrong decision with that one.

Just my opinion on it.

Edit: Just seen Monkeh answered the same way!

I thnki they have a 3 year contract for a 25 yo is a different to a 3 year contract offered to say a 30+, last time I check a footballers career doesn't finish at 30, 30 isn't old for a footballer when most play til 35,

But when you use facts and details, what is there to moan about...?!

Perhaps the competition for his signature only offered 2 years and that's why he'd sign for us over them ?

Think that's highly likely, but the issue then is in card playing terms when "to hold and when to fold", something we've been pretty poor at in the past.

Personally I don't think he's that much better than Moloney to offer a three year deal, but obviously SC does and he's in charge...

Think that's highly likely, but the issue then is in card playing terms when "to hold and when to fold", something we've been pretty poor at in the past.

Personally I don't think he's that much better than Moloney to offer a three year deal, but obviously SC does and he's in charge...

I've not seen him as much as I have moloney, so I can't really compare the two, Moloney is hit and miss some times tho; so if Little can provide a few assists and goals so I'm all for it

Oh, I think in a roundabout way it was...

Can't wait to find out how much he will earning from the rather reliable and honourable agent that is happy to discuss clients private information and allow it to be posted onto an open forum for all to see, I wonder if Harry would be happy for any player on his list to be represented in such a way?, ah well that's agents for you, of course if he is aware of what happens to that information or if it's actually true or that agent exists.

I've not seen him as much as I have moloney, so I can't really compare the two, Moloney is hit and miss some times tho; so if Little can provide a few assists and goals so I'm all for it

Little has 3 goals in 130 games.

Personally I think Moloney is very consistent and most teams in L1 would be happy with him in their side.

This Little has pace-maybe SC has a wing back role in mind?

Personally I think Moloney is very consistent and most teams in L1 would be happy with him in their side.

Moloney has 2 goals in 124 games,

I don't I think he has been quite inconsistant and I wasn't suprised to see him in and out of the side, but as I said I haven't seen enough of little to have a fair judgement of him,

the fact he was highly thought of at Peterborugh and that they had offered a new contract says to me that he is a very decent attack minded player, If we are playing 3-5-2 he may well be more suited to the right wing back role, Monloney isn't he's better as an out and out right back,

Seems to have decent delivery and gets to the byline though, so maybe some assists. Definitely looks better going forward than moloney, but we'll see...

But whether he can defend is more important.

Little is 25, so still has sell on value, hence a 3 year deal is the right option IMHO. El-Abd is 29 so in 3 years he will be 32 - no sell on value so wrong decision with that one.

Just my opinion on it.

Edit: Just seen Monkeh answered the same way!

But how likely is it that we'll actually sell Little on for money? How many players go for fees these days? The majority are free transfers and the likelihood is that Little will leave this club a free agent in 3 years time.

Surely the main concern is the scenario that has been repeating itself over and over at City in that the manager leaves / is sacked and we have loads of average/crap players on lengthy contract that we can't get rid of?

Worst case scenario, we have a poor season and SC leaves next summer and we're in the same shitty situation... One thing you can say about SOD at least all his signings were two year deals and consequently SC has a great opportunity to shape his own team this summer... Again, don't know why the change has been made to dishing out 3/3.5 year contracts again??

If he has signed regardless of how many years are on his contract it looks like it might be (on the face of it) a decent bit of business.

Right back isn't an area we're swamped with options, and this lad has won promotion out of this league the hard way (play offs), done a couple of seasons a league above, and was part of a play off squad last year.

Considering he was a free too, and has a few years ahead of him, being just 25, could be a shrewd signing.

Archived