IGNORED

Ashton Gate Tonight

Kid in the Riot

Cycled past at 10pm this evening and a little surprised to see all the floodlights on and machinery noisely working away on the pitch.

The fact we are the only football league team not to have corporate boxes / decent facilities etc was always a bit of a badge of honour for City and I was quite proud of it. Ashton Gate is a proper old school stadium in todays climate.

But thank God the stadium is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century, and all the hard work that is going on (probably still now) is testament to that.

I'm sparing in my praise for the board, but finally they have got this one right and I'm genuinely excited about the new facilities and where it can take us...

You reds.

• Admin

Cycled past at 10pm this evening and a little surprised to see all the floodlights on and machinery noisely working away on the pitch.

The fact we are the only football league team not to have corporate boxes / decent facilities etc was always a bit of a badge of honour for City and I was quite proud of it. Ashton Gate is a proper old school stadium in todays climate.

But thank God the stadium is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century, and all the hard work that is going on (probably still now) is testament to that.

I'm sparing in my praise for the board, but finally they have got this one right and I'm genuinely excited about the new facilities and where it can take us...

You reds.

Cheers for the update - but assumedly they were only working on the pitch last night?

Must be some serious work going into it if they are working that many hours in the day

Go and find another one that doesn't my friend...

Also consider that many Conference and even Conference South and North clubs have corporate boxes and it really is a quite astonishing fact.

Do Brentford, Accrington Stanley, Exeter City have corporate boxes?

I like the idea of us being different by keeping AG.  I agree, it needs to be developed but there is something charming and venerable about the old grounds that the new stadia, for all their merits, cannot quite match.

I know in baseball in the US, the two most revered stadia are the Wrigley Field in Chicago and Fenway Park in Boston, they are the old, traditional stadia and the ones everyone wants to visit, would be lovely if we could start to build that kind of feeling at AG when everyone else has gone to bowls.

Really?

News to me

The Williams was always going to be the main corporate area., with dolman having 'affordable' boxes. They just decided to take those out an increase the capacity. It was a common misperception that we were doing away with boxes when that was announced, but there will still be 25 + boxes in the redeveloped ground!

Really?

News to me

Yes - there will be wedge shaped bits that go into the corners of the Wedlock. Not the usual type of box but they can be used for corporate activities. The directors will probably go there when the Williams is demolished.

Archived