IGNORED

Fixtures Out, England Out, Now Get The Cheque Book Out!

old_eastender

On the flip side to this we have announced contract extensions for 3 of our young players this morning. Do you think this was sorted out yesterday or weeks and weeks ago? I know it was the latter.

My point is, just because you don't see or hear of things happening it doesn't mean it isn't. One of the players who left last July was in contract negotiations since the previous September. If you are expecting players to commit to two, three, or four years you have to get it right and it's only logical they will want to see what all their options are.

Patience.

Eliot was ok but Nosworthy was awful and not the Bikey type fella people claim he was.

Also why waste a years money on someone with no sell on value?

I don't think a lot of you see that as far as the check book coming out it isn't, the 40 mill was wiped freeing up the wage bill so the manager has to buy and sell with what is available

If that's the case SC needs his head looking at. But this has been happening for as long as I can remember :grr:  Didn't we miss out on a 'young' Lee Hughes by 50K and I think we were just as tight when we tried to sign Kevin Davies. Same Old Same Old :no:

Go back fifty years and City missed out on Mike Summerbee, so he went to Man C instead.  Fred Ford also refused to spend the money on two players who Alan Dicks soon brought to the club. As you say, same old City.

I love how you say 'sign Elliot and Nosworthy' like it's a case of we say to them 'would you like to sign for Bristol City' and they say 'oho yes please'.

Face it we are not a big draw to players who have been used to playing in the Championship, and they will all be holding out for the best offers they can get.

Eliot was ok but Nosworthy was awful and not the Bikey type fella people claim he was.

Also why waste a years money on someone with no sell on value?

I don't think a lot of you see that as far as the check book coming out it isn't, the 40 mill was wiped freeing up the wage bill so the manager has to buy and sell with what is available

Who sanctioned and built up the debt and who paid off a lot of the debt?

Archived