IGNORED

Will Griggs The Latest Player Linked (merged)

ciderbeans

Did well at Wallsall, poor at Brentford 350k seems a lot of money though for a position that's not our first priority

I can't see SC making the same amateur mistakes as the likes of DMC with this one though. SC seems to know what he wants and probably has a fair few irons in the fire.

Seems like we do have a shortlist of the players we want, unlike some of our previous managers

From what KB was saying in the interview we already have a few players tied up. Can only assume they are the priority signings I guess? Even if we do spend 350k on a player maybe not considered a priority I am confident SC has it all in hand.

Did well at Wallsall, poor at Brentford 350k seems a lot of money though for a position that's not our first priority

How is a striker not a priority? SC has indicated that he thinks 3-5-2 is what best suits us and JET played most of those games in that formation in midfield.

We have lost Harewood, Taylor, Patterson and Barnett. I would say two strikers are a priority.

How is a striker not a priority? SC has indicated that he thinks 3-5-2 is what best suits us and JET played most of those games in that formation in midfield.

We have lost Harewood, Taylor, Patterson and Barnett. I would say two strikers are a priority.

This. If Baldock gets injured we are well and truly screwed atm.

I'd say the wingers/defence is a more priority than the forwards, considering we got some of the best forwards in the division there's no need to furiously look for a striker in the market.

I'm not saying we don't need a striker, we do. But I'd say other areas need strengthening first.

I totally agree. Baldock cannot take on the responsibility alone, he needs someone beside him. I don't know if this player is the right one or not but how anyone can say we are alright with just Baldock and Jet is staggering.

Maybe the fact Brentford have been promoted leave Griggs surplus to their requirements, horses for courses, their loss could be our gain.

Edit: I see the poster came back and answered while I was typing. I still stand by my belief that attack is the best form of defence. I like to watch exciting, attacking football not crossing my fingers and hoping the defence can concentrate and stay strong all match.

I totally agree. Baldock cannot take on the responsibility alone, he needs someone beside him. I don't know if this player is the right one or not but how anyone can say we are alright with just Baldock and Jet is staggering.

Maybe the fact Brentford have been promoted leave Griggs surplus to their requirements, horses for courses, their loss could be our gain.

If anything we need Grigg plus another striker. Possibly one on loan as 3 strikers would not be enough. 

If anything we need Grigg plus another striker. Possibly one on loan as 3 strikers would not be enough.

I think so too. I wouldn't like to go into the season with just 3 strikers. Maybe Baldock, two others signed and 1 loan player. Need a target man for sure.

Gj always mentioned the fact he felt we needed four strikers.

I'm not sure you always need that many (senior ones, at least), and the fact that other than Maynard, he never really had a high-scoring one suggested it wasn't an area he was strong in selecting players anyway, but we need more than we currently have.

We've only got Baldock, Burns (possibly more likely deployed as a winger) and JET (again; maybe not seen as a forward), so I personally think it would be too wild a suggestion to say we need a couple for that position.

This Griggs chap and possibly the Man City youngster being talked about elsewhere would probably give us the sort of numbers and options we'd need for a full, competitive campaign.  

Fantastic form prompted his move to the Bees - Was terribly unlucky with injuries it seems

Who's to say he can't find the same or greater form down here in BS3, providing competition and at times link up play with JET and Sammy. We definitely can't expect Burns to provide the only form of competition as he is best suited as a winger... Grigg would be a great acquisition but like always it comes down to the amount that his current club will want to let him go. I'd like to think we look at getting in two strikers who can compete and provide greater options either in years to come or coming off the bench 

Pray this is true! Like a few have said he was up for grabs at the beginning of last season and can score at this level. Still very young and just the type of player we need!

So next week could bring Wade Elliott, Mark Little and Will Grigg.... This would alert everyone of our intents for next season!

Can't wait for August now!

Pray this is true! Like a few have said he was up for grabs at the beginning of last season and can score at this level. Still very young and just the type of player we need!

So next week could bring Wade Elliott, Mark Little and Will Grigg.... This would alert everyone of our intents for next season!

Can't wait for August now!

Watching that video with Burt made me sceptical we'd be in for any of the loan players from last season.

Archived