IGNORED

Sensible World Of Soccer

BRISTOL86

Anyone remember this absolute belter of a game?

My childhood - when indoors - was spent playing this on our old Amiga.

I've just found this

Basically just download the top link here

http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/community/downloads

And install and away you go. You can even play online I think though I'm just enjoying the "classic" game at the moment!

Even has accurate teams up to (looking at the BCFC squad) the 12/13 season

27e3240b35650fff9505fc24ca5c0d15.png

0841bcdbe85d32c2d966202048d7a8a7.png

First game in 20 years and I even managed a draw against Barcelona, I haven't lost it.

b1bfc63d778d7c49264430c63fa126a4.png

ebb4e92f083c70c869ea27de02d72979.png

Good god, I wasted days/ hours of my life on this game!

It had a transfer system that actually let you play with the players you bought. This was a first and I loved it.

I seemed to spend most of my early time turning Albanian team Dinamo Tirana from a bunch of part team no hopers into a top team.

Always hated the City forwards. Torpey had no pace but Matt Hewlet was like lighting, and obviously Goodridge. Used to buy Ronnia Mauge and some guy from Wrexham (Chalk) and use this pace to rise up the leagues.

I doubt we'll ever see such a perfect, ground breaking football game, in todays bland world of FIFA

There was a cheat to get free players if doing a part exchange an you got to keep your own player.

Andy Payton from Burnley I think had an amazing shot on him that went through the goalkeeper.

I also love scoring pretty much every goal the same way...

Run towards penalty area, slightly left or right of centre and shoot curling it towards the opposite side. Genius.

There was a cheat to get free players if doing a part exchange an you got to keep your own player.

Andy Payton from Burnley I think had an amazing shot on him that went through the goalkeeper.

I also love scoring pretty much every goal the same way...

Run towards penalty area, slightly left or right of centre and shoot curling it towards the opposite side. Genius.

That made it too easy. Used to blitz it using fast players. Loved it though.

Good god, I wasted days/ hours of my life on this game!

It had a transfer system that actually let you play with the players you bought. This was a first and I loved it.

I seemed to spend most of my early time turning Albanian team Dinamo Tirana from a bunch of part team no hopers into a top team.

Always hated the City forwards. Torpey had no pace but Matt Hewlet was like lighting, and obviously Goodridge. Used to buy Ronnia Mauge and some guy from Wrexham (Chalk) and use this pace to rise up the leagues.

I doubt we'll ever see such a perfect, ground breaking football game, in todays bland world of FIFA

Yep, fifa is very bland compared to this... :facepalm:

When this came out first time around on the Commodore Amiga, my cousin was a professional footballer in Australia. It was pretty cool having a family member in there. Shame the team he was playing for were shite!

It's a classic game, you can stick Kick Off 2 alongside it as well.

When this came out first time around on the Commodore Amiga, my cousin was a professional footballer in Australia. It was pretty cool having a family member in there. Shame the team he was playing for were shite!

It's a classic game, you can stick Kick Off 2 alongside it as well.

Kick Off 2, another classic. We used to do tournaments after school, poor old mum having to make cheese sandwiches and chicken soup for everyone. Those were the days

Edit: Oh and how can i forget all those broken joysticks

Kick Off 2, another classic. We used to do tournaments after school, poor old mum having to make cheese sandwiches and chicken soup for everyone. Those were the days

Edit: Oh and how can i forget all those broken joysticks

I went through a few Competition Pro 5000 joysticks during the Amiga days. One of the most robust controllers ever and a classic design.

I randomly came across these a few months back. The history of sensible soccer, how it started all the way through to how it ended. There are 4 parts, all about 20mins long. I watched them all in a row and found it quite interesting. Did you know they attempted a 3d football game

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part4 :

I have spent several evenings going down memory lane on this site...

http://thecompany.pl/game

All the games just run with a double click, no need to mess about with emulators.

All the Kick Off games are built into a hefty 6mb download! http://thecompany.pl/game/Kick+Off+2:+Return+To+Europe

It's a great site, if there was an Amiga game you remember playing, it will be on there.

does anyone know how i can get amiga games on a mac?

Depending on how easy you find faffing about with stuff, you'll need an emulator, such as http://fs-uae.net/ then grab some ROMs. Just google "Amiga Roms" and you'll find plenty.

I have only emulated on PC, but id guess it works much the same way.

Archived