IGNORED

Fire Destroys The Dovecote

Redtucks

....it was a lovely pub - a great shame. With all the pub closures and now this, Bristol must only have about half the pubs it had 30 odd years ago.

One of the pubs I used right back in the old First Division days.

15 years later went on to become one of the only child friendly pubs ( a novelty then but too many these days!!) I could find when the children were young.

Excellent Christmas Dinner 18 months ago, even though getting in was tricky through the flooded car park.

Real shame, a great old country pub - not completely to my taste in it's most recent incarnation perhaps - and hopefully it'll rise again from the ashes.

And we all know what them Germans did to the Bristol City chippy in 1941...

...and they bombed the main two tier Grandstands that were later rebuilt as the Dolman Stand and Williams Stand. What did Bristol City ever do to Herr Adolf Hitler and the German people to deserve that? 

What did Bristol City ever do to Herr Adolf Hitler and the German people to deserve that?

Hitler was a deluded, yet prowed, maniac. My guess would be that he ordered his bombers to leave Eastville alone, as he saw them as one of his own, but to specifically target 'the teds' as he'd harboured a life long resentment about our superiority.

Interestingly, Churchill was determined to issue gas masks to the British public as he could see the potential of a Hitler gas attack.

Hitler was a deluded, yet prowed, maniac. My guess would be that he ordered his bombers to leave Eastville alone, as he saw them as one of his own, but to specifically target 'the teds' as he'd harboured a life long resentment about our superiority.

Interestingly, Churchill was determined to issue gas masks to the British public as he could see the potential of a Hitler gas attack.

Didn't Herr Adolf Hitler's Luftwaffe drop a huge bomb known as a 'Satan' somewhere near Eastville - but it failed to detonate? Anyway, Ashton Gate was bombed but the Germans missed Billy Wedlock's pub but the lowlife traitors of the Bristol Council agreed for the Wedlock's pub to be destroyed a few years ago.

• Admin

It was a favoured lunchtime haunt for a few of my teachers when I was at Ashton Park School. You could see them rushing over the school grounds to get there.

I used to go there quite a lot when I lived in Ashton

I used to go in there with the teachers, they let me get on with it when they realised I was a lost cause

Archived