IGNORED

Bl00Dy Wimbledon

SecretSam

You might well be the biggest nause on this forum and there is some very stiff competition   :clapping:

I'll keep an eye out for the annual awards evening!

Back on topic, having low body fat (as you'd expect for a pro athlete) and therefore a defined looking arm doesn't make you 'strong'.

I'll keep an eye out for the annual awards evening!

Back on topic, having low body fat (as you'd expect for a pro athlete) and therefore a defined looking arm doesn't make you 'strong'.

You're not articulating yourself very well. Clearly, strength is an important attribute to have in any physical sport. Obviously they're not as strong as boxers or weightlifters...I'm not sure what your point is....

You're not articulating yourself very well. Clearly, strength is an important attribute to have in any physical sport. Obviously they're not as strong as boxers or weightlifters...I'm not sure what your point is....

If you go back to the original post I quoted, he said 'the strength of these players is amazing'.

If referring to endurance or mental strength as you pointed out, I agree. Amazing suggests 'elite' and I don't think they are.

If you go back to the original post I quoted, he said 'the strength of these players is amazing'.

If referring to endurance or mental strength as you pointed out, I agree. Amazing suggests 'elite' and I don't think they are.

The core strength is amazing. Depends on what you are defining strength as?  the ability to lift things, or the core strength.

A bodybuilder is strong, but I doubt he would last 5 minutes on a tennis court, different type of strength innit! :) 

The core strength is amazing. Depends on what you are defining strength as?  the ability to lift things, or the core strength.

A bodybuilder is strong, but I doubt he would last 5 minutes on a tennis court, different type of strength innit! :)

Tis.

OK folks, I watched the end of the final set. Please explain why;

1. All players seemingly hit the ball towards the opponent?

2. Why is there "First serve" if they serve into the net? You don't get to retake penalties in football or rugby if you miss.

3. Why is a prolonged rally between two players considered good? The object is to win, not give the ball back to the opponent; we don't cheer nil nil draws (although gas heads might have on 3rd May).

4. Why does the score go 15 - 30 - 40 - Advantage - Game? Why not 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5?

5. The audience are asked to applaud the dignatories making the presentations. Haven't seen that in other sports.

OK folks, I watched the end of the final set. Please explain why;

1. All players seemingly hit the ball towards the opponent?

2. Why is there "First serve" if they serve into the net? You don't get to retake penalties in football or rugby if you miss.

3. Why is a prolonged rally between two players considered good? The object is to win, not give the ball back to the opponent; we don't cheer nil nil draws (although gas heads might have on 3rd May).

4. Why does the score go 15 - 30 - 40 - Advantage - Game? Why not 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5?

5. The audience are asked to applaud the dignatories making the presentations. Haven't seen that in other sports.

I'll have a go as I can't believe there aren't ration answers:

1. In the same wayy footballers get critisised "he should have at least made the keeper make a save/hit the target from there " - there's only so much a player can do given the space and his positioning + his ambition.

2. I guess it's to give the players the chance to go for broke, if they get broke, the opponent steals the driving seat. I agree,it's a bit arbetary, a bit like the 5 tackle rule in rugby leagu

Sorry, shit phone..

3. Many a fiercly contested, drawn out game by two equally skilled teams is played in football. Think long rallies are seen as entertaining enconters that end in penalties. Get your point, though. Just because it was long, doesn't mean it was good.

4. **** knows. There'obviously a weird, historical explanation for it. Why do you get 5 points for a try in rugby union?

5. Pomous, royal, formalities is my guess.

Was round me Ma's for Sunday roast and she loves a bit of the old tennis. I fell asleep soon in the second set an awoke in the 5th. They said it was a classic final, I don't know, I think it's a ******* beige sport.

Archived