IGNORED

Even The Blades Fancy Us!

walsh left foot

We scored 22 more goals and lost one less game than Sheffield United did last season. Defensively they were loads better than us but if they had Sam or JET I'd take them more seriously as potential title winners.

IMO If we finish above Preston or Orient we'll have done very well, but we need to turn at least half of last season's home draws into wins to do that.

2nd half of the season when defensively we got better we were picking up points at the same rate as some of the playoff teams. As long as it doesnt take us half a season to get going again, with the signings we're making, I'd be disappointed with anything less that 6th. We showed how average this division is going from 24th to 12th from january and very nearly a top 10 finish. However, unless we pull 3 or 4 more rabbits out of the hat, I think we're going to fall short of challenging for the top 2 IMO.

The bottom line is that the only way that we will know just how big a promotion threat City will be is about 15-20 games into the season.By then we will have seen City play enough enough times to form an opinion.

All the optimism on this forum, especially after all the recent transfer news is an annual event and typical of many City fans but in reality we simply don't know. We will just have to wait and see.

100%. Doesn't take more than a look through our recent history to work out how little of football is decided on paper.

100%. Doesn't take more than a look through our recent history to work out how little of football is decided on paper.

I know what you and Robbored are saying but we're no longer in the championship which is a much more competitve league and history would show us that we should be able to mount a promotion push with the aim of the playoffs. Top end of league one/lower championship is our level so expectation levels are about right Id think. Expectations of the playoffs isn't that wide of the mark.

I know what you and Robbored are saying but we're no longer in the championship which is a much more competitve league and history would show us that we should be able to mount a promotion push with the aim of the playoffs. Top end of league one/lower championship is our level so expectation levels are about right Id think. Expectations of the playoffs isn't that wide of the mark.

Expect is never a wise word though, more often than not leads to disappointment. Don't see the point in expectation really; just see where it goes.

Archived