IGNORED

Even The Blades Fancy Us!

walsh left foot

It makes me really uncomfortable when we are billed as favourites. Does anyone else feel the same way? I just remember the disasters with Coppell and Tinnion (when we signed Stewart and Bridges) which backfired spectacularly and made us a bit of a joke.

I much prefer it when we are under the radar, like in the Johnson years. I dont think anybody expected us to go up in 06-07 but we did!

Still its exciting times for us. Hopefully we can live up to expectations, but I think Preston will win the league.

Well, the bookies have us in the top 6 behind Sheff.Utd., PNE, and Peterborough.

Pretty predictable really but there at least 5 or 6 others who could be in that frame.

I think we should be top 10 given the finish to last season, we've lost (at this time) a couple of influential loanees but added some good quality signings so I see no reason why that isn't possible. Another couple or three signings and that could be amended to top 6 - but I've seen too many pre-seasons like this to get excited.

I'll put money on it now, we will finish above Posh!

If someone gave me the playoffs right now I'd snap their hand off!

Yes things are looking good with the signings so far, (hopefully more to come!) and it's been a long time since we've actually bought some QUALITY for a change. Also another key thing is we're moving quite fast for once, and maybe SC said to SL I want Freeman now before someone else snaps him up, which always seems the trend with us, but this time SL stumped up the asking price (?) and we got our Man for a change.

How quickly they can gel will be interesting too see, but like others have said this is City we're talking about and things never seem to go to plan.

Hopefully though we can hit the ground running and a Win at the blades :bounce:  would give us so much confidence, but as long as we don't lose that will do for me.

I'd love an auto promotion place, but league one isn't easy to get out of, but if we can take last season's end form into the new campaign then hopefully this could be a good season for us Cider heads! - It's bloody overdue. :yes:

Top 10? Top 6? Anything less than promotion with the side we are building will be deemed as a failure!!

I get the feeling Lansdowns really going for it now with the new stadium just round the corner.

We shall see.

Oh dear, pre-season/silly season.

Yea we may have some real quality, but it's the team that win.

11 v 11 it will still be a difficult season and nobody should expect us to beat our opponents, that's just pure silly.

City need to combine their strengths and work harder at any weaknesses. They'll also have to adapt against the ugly and 'better' footballing sides.

I do believe we'll be at least top half, but they need a good first 10-15 games to show they've raised the bar and can challenge for top 6.

The bottom line is that the only way that we will know just how big a promotion threat City will be is about 15-20 games into the season.By then we will have seen City play enough enough times to form an opinion.

All the optimism on this forum, especially after all the recent transfer news is an annual event and typical of many City fans but in reality we simply don't know. We will just have to wait and see.

Not sure how this lot will gel, but hoping for the best as always pre season.  On paper this team are starting to look like a very decent side.  With more to follow, the future is looking very bright. We seem to be obtaining players with experience and class. We seem to have a manager at the helm who is delivering what we as fans have wanted to see for many seasons.  A decent team packed with excellent players.  

It could all end in tears, but have a feeling that we be be much stronger than last year.  Heres hoping.

Even a West Ham supporting friend of mine has sent me many nods of approval.  He is even threatning to attend some games this year.  Will be buying a season ticket for the first time in many years.  Glad i picked this year :-)

• Admin

The bottom line is that the only way that we will know just how big a promotion threat City will be is about 15-20 games into the season.By then we will have seen City play enough enough times to form an opinion.

All the optimism on this forum, especially after all the recent transfer news is an annual event and typical of many City fans but in reality we simply don't know. We will just have to wait and see.

A 100% record after 8-10 games would also give an indication if we achieved it.

Personally I'd just be happy to avoid our usual defeat at Brammel Lane right now.

A valid point, just look at where we were after 18 games last season.

I'm not a blind optimism kind of guy, and the team will very definitely need to gel quickly if we are not going to find ourselves too far behind.

One thing that IS different this time around, is that the main business appears to be happening early - the players don't even report back for the start of preseason training until Tuesday I believe. If this gives them a bit more time to get to know each other and how to play together then it can only help....

Archived