IGNORED

Flapper

alexukhc

Nice, actually I have met the guy , and have nothing but good to say of him, life's like that people who slate others rarely have ever met them let alone spoke with them. 

Oh! and I am not Gas, so relax.

I have met and spoke to him on numerous occasions. Used to see him on a weekly basis out drinking. My opinion still stands: Grade A Bell End.

I have met and spoke to him on numerous occasions. Used to see him on a weekly basis out drinking. My opinion still stands: Grade A Bell End.

In what way is he a 'Bell End ?'All very well slagging of someone who used to play for City and then went to Rovers, because that's all he did really, but that alone is all you dislike him for isn't it, so he is a Bell End in your eyes, what a churlish opinion to have on someone.

Just out of interest, as you obviously know him well, the whole 'kissing the Gas badge' at Ashton Gate thing....did he do that because he genuinely loves Bristol Rovers or was it because he thought it would wind up City fans?

It was rumoured/stated on here, when he went to Rovers, that he was indeed of a horse-punching persuasion but I haven't seen that confirmed yet. Maybe his former neighbours can throw light on this.

In what way is he a 'Bell End ?'All very well slagging of someone who used to play for City and then went to Rovers, because that's all he did really, but that alone is all you dislike him for isn't it, so he is a Bell End in your eyes, what a churlish opinion to have on someone.

Nothing to do with him going from City to Rovers.  All the times i met him he still played for City.  Arrogant, big time charlie, with a chip on his shoulder was how I found him.  Hence, Grade A Bell End.  I know plenty of people who think the same of him.

Nothing to do with him going from City to Rovers.  All the times i met him he still played for City.  Arrogant, big time charlie, with a chip on his shoulder was how I found him.  Hence, Grade A Bell End.  I know plenty of people who think the same of him.

The one time I met him (just before his transfer to the Gas), he seemed like he had a massive chip on his shoulder. I thought he was a good keeper for City but in person he came across like a stroppy teenager.

Just out of interest, as you obviously know him well, the whole 'kissing the Gas badge' at Ashton Gate thing....did he do that because he genuinely loves Bristol Rovers or was it because he thought it would wind up City fans?

If you had been getting as much stick as he had over the previous couple of years im sure you might want to give some back,he obviously wound many up so mission accomplished on his part!!I get annoyed with people who judge someone they hardly know,and yes i knew him  since he was about 12 and his family,played cricket with him been on hols with him,anything else you want to know!!

knowing him as i have long before he played for city i can promise you he isnt a complete cock,however perhaps he has the same opinion of you if you ask him,would you care...no..does he care what you think of him...no!!

The arrogant ***** made it perfectly clear he didn't care what I thought of him - this was after he tried, and failed, to gate crash a private party in town. We did succeed in proving that he does have some humility though by embarrassing the life out of him shortly afterwards.

All completely unnecessary and all completely down to him and his attitude problem.

The arrogant ***** made it perfectly clear he didn't care what I thought of him - this was after he tried, and failed, to gate crash a private party in town. We did succeed in proving that he does have some humility though by embarrassing the life out of him shortly afterwards.

All completely unnecessary and all completely down to him and his attitude problem.

Have you lived a perfect life then lucky you!!!

If you had been getting as much stick as he had over the previous couple of years im sure you might want to give some back,he obviously wound many up so mission accomplished on his part!!I get annoyed with people who judge someone they hardly know,and yes i knew him  since he was about 12 and his family,played cricket with him been on hols with him,anything else you want to know!!

It was a just a simple question, no need for you to have a ******* nervous breakdown.

I concur with others, met him 3 or 4 times, came across as a bell end. had family play against him in cricket, same opinion, grade A bellend, and these guys don't even like football.  Apparently he has  always been a cocky get even before he turned pro.

Lets hope he is nicer to friends and family than he is to Joe public

That said not a bad keeper

Think it was a sarcasistic question,hense the answer!!

No, it wasn't sarcastic. I have no idea if he is actually a Gashead or whether it was a big '**** you!' to City fans.

So you're saying that he did it to wind up City fans because he might of had a bit of stick once in a while. That kind if backs up the opinion that a lot of people have of him that he has a chip on his shoulder. He did well for us and City gave him the chance of a good career, shame he couldn't handle a bit of criticism (not that I thought he got huge amounts).

No, it wasn't sarcastic. I have no idea if he is actually a Gashead or whether it was a big '**** you!' to City fans.

So you're saying that he did it to wind up City fans because he might of had a bit of stick once in a while. That kind if backs up the opinion that a lot of people have of him that he has a chip on his shoulder. He did well for us and City gave him the chance of a good career, shame he couldn't handle a bit of criticism (not that I thought he got huge amounts).

Each to their own opinion just find it pathetic how often there are threads on here slating him as a person from people who have met him a couple of times!!As for the stick apart from in the street comments just look on here to see how much stick he still gets on here and he hasnt played here for years!!

Have you lived a perfect life then lucky you!!!

Well one thing I can guarantee you is that I have never uttered the words "don't you know who I am", unlike your pal. A genuine laugh out loud moment.

I am quite capable of determining someone's character, and I stand by my comment that your pal is a cock. And yes I do have a perfect life and thankfully, by turning your pal away that night, it remains perfect.

Well one thing I can guarantee you is that I have never uttered the words "don't you know who I am", unlike your pal. A genuine laugh out loud moment.

I am quite capable of determining someone's character, and I stand by my comment that your pal is a cock. And yes I do have a perfect life and thankfully, by turning your pal away that night, it remains perfect.

Bored of this conversation,if you got pleasure from turning him down thinking that makes you so wonderful you and he are obviously on a par!Enjoy the coming season

Each to their own opinion just find it pathetic how often there are threads on here slating him as a person from people who have met him a couple of times!!As for the stick apart from in the street comments just look on here to see how much stick he still gets on here and he hasnt played here for years!!

Well maybe then he should learn to make a better first impression rather than acting like a dick, then there would be no one on here saying he acts like a bell end.

Just a thought.  I can quite believe you have a different opinion on him if you are mates and spend a lot of time with him.  Unfortunately, from my opinion, first second and third impressions count, and he has  acted like a big time charlie every time I have met him.

Hell I was even told by Mike Stowell not to bother talking to Phillips once, as he will only talk to his team mates! now if that isn't a glowing recommendation I don't know what is!

This thread is so typical of OTIB, with all the positivity of last weeks signings why are we concentrating on somebody who left the club 8 years ago!!!!!

I started this thread as a bit of tongue and cheek, but people have gone far too far, it's words on a screen, yes we are entitled to own opinions all of us I could of started a thread about Aaron Brown joining hungerford town last week but didn't, flapper sent the gas down, he a twart, yes I would love to be in good in goal as good as him but I'm not, relax you old fogeys

Ok, I get what you're saying. He might just be one of these people that comes across as arrogant when you first meet him and no doubt those who know him well see a different side to him. To be fair, he wouldn't be the only professional football player who acts like this. I don't know him but he seemed stroppy about the fact that Johnson had brought in Basso, fair enough, but what did he expect?

I suspect, as Tim Bird said, the badge kissing thing was probably more to ingratiate himself with Gasheads but doing it at Ashton Gate could be viewed by some as slightly disrespectful towards the fans of his previous employers. I didnt see him do it but i think its cringeworthy rather than crime of the century. As for the stick he gets on here, most people on this thread, including myself, have said that he was a good keeper for us.

I started this thread as a bit of tongue and cheek, but people have gone far too far, it's words on a screen, yes we are entitled to own opinions all of us I could of started a thread about Aaron Brown joining hungerford town last week but didn't, flapper sent the gas down, he a twart, yes I would love to be in good in goal as good as him but I'm not, relax you old fogeys

Not only do you slag off a ex City player but then have a go at the mature of age and mind, yes you are entitled to an opinion but I don't see the need to have a go at Steve Phillips in :laugh: :laugh: tweeting twerp that you are in a way that you seem to do all too often, and then all the other twerpy sheep follow on and agree with you and that makes you feel important I suppose, you are not, Steve Phillips is, just Wiki him it's all there, I doubt if you are.

Grow up!!

Archived