IGNORED

Portishead Game - New Players - Match Day Thread (Merged)

Hartcliffe red

From Twitter:

@paolo_panda

Official mascot of Portishead Town Mens First Football team. Escaped from China for a new life and a better standard of football. Living the Panda dream.

[Makes Aizoon's *****ly partner seem rather drab.]

[Can't believe you can't say *****ly on here. ***** a balloon, etc.]

From Twitter:

@paolo_panda

Official mascot of Portishead Town Mens First Football team. Escaped from China for a new life and a better standard of football. Living the Panda dream.

[Makes Aizoon's *****ly partner seem rather drab.]

[Can't believe you can't say *****ly on here. ***** a balloon, etc.]

The Port Zed Pandawl, eh? Wonder how he'd deal with Wolfie?

I've come to the conclusion that *****ly is banned to even things up for S****horpe. Sort of a sex equality thing.

PS Of course I meant gender, not sex. How very non-PC of me :(

The Port Zed Pandawl, eh? Wonder how he'd deal with Wolfie?

I've come to the conclusion that *****ly is banned to even things up for S****horpe. Sort of a sex equality thing.

PS Of course I meant gender, not sex. How very non-PC of me :(

But it is sex not gender that defines whether or not you have a ***** or a **** 

You were right first time

But it is sex not gender that defines whether or not you have a ***** or a **** 

You were right first time

You know that and I know that, but the PC mob doesn't. Gender is a property of words and sex is a property of living beings. There are very few English words with a gender other than the object they describe. For example, a ship is 'she' regardless of whether she's the Bismarck or the Queen Mary. In most languages even a table and a desk have genders (feminine and masculine respectively in French), but the PC fanatics in the USA speak only one language (and that badly), so they think gender and sex are the same thing.

I love the expression "gender reassignment" for "sex change" - that's what I did at school when I got it wrong by saying "le table" and "la bureau".

Just heard that cotts has been down to Portishead this afternoon to inspect the pitch and the game is ON

the pitch down there isn't as bad as it use to be so I wouldn't see any reason that it would be off because of that, my worry is that if a lot of people turn up the club house wouldn't be able to cope,

Lets hope they are prepared and arrange some kind of our door 'pop up' bar to support the club house! This game is obviously really good for Portishead's coffers, but do you think this kind of game so early is cotterill's worst nightmare, or do you think it will be beneficial for the players to get an early run out?

Lets hope they are prepared and arrange some kind of our door 'pop up' bar to support the club house! This game is obviously really good for Portishead's coffers, but do you think this kind of game so early is cotterill's worst nightmare, or do you think it will be beneficial for the players to get an early run out?

I work with the under 18's manager we were just talking about it, he was asking me how many I thought would turn up, i said prob about 1500 like the Ashton and Backwell game, quite a few decent (and ropey pubs) about some decent places to eat and its not all ticket,

I hope the club make a few quid out of city,

It also gives the new players chance to play with each other and the fringe/youngsters a chance too, Portishead will give them a decent work out but city really should knock a few past them,

Walking distance for me, for those of you travelling you may find parking a bit of a test, I live in Port Marine and the street parking is ridiculous. There are a couple of pay and  display car parks but they will be busy. You might consider parking where they have built some new offices that are not yet in use just off Newfoundland Way.

It's well known that the toffs of Port Marine rarely venture beyond Waitrose and into real Portishead, where the riff raff live and where you'll find Portishead FC! If they did, they'd find that, unlike said Port Marine, the rest of Portishead was designed with the thought that residents might actually drive cars and want to park them somewhere! There's plenty of street parking within 10 minutes walk of the ground. Enjoy the afternoon!

It's well known that the toffs of Port Marine rarely venture beyond Waitrose and into real Portishead, where the riff raff live and where you'll find Portishead FC! If they did, they'd find that, unlike said Port Marine, the rest of Portishead was designed with the thought that residents might actually drive cars and want to park them somewhere! There's plenty of street parking within 10 minutes walk of the ground. Enjoy the afternoon!

Gosh, a toff, my life has changed over the years then!! There may be an insular group among the Mariners but myself and my neighbours can be found frequenting all areas. I particularly like the homely pubs such as the Phoenix :). The reason I mentioned the parking was, whilst it is true there is quite a bit of street parking to be found, it is also the Marina Festival which boasted crowds of around 10000 last year. A significant influx for an area of it's size.

Gosh, a toff, my life has changed over the years then!! There may be an insular group among the Mariners but myself and my neighbours can be found frequenting all areas. I particularly like the homely pubs such as the Phoenix :). The reason I mentioned the parking was, whilst it is true there is quite a bit of street parking to be found, it is also the Marina Festival which boasted crowds of around 10000 last year. A significant influx for an area of it's size.

I thought the toffs go to Venga now as well (a nice place to be fair with a cracking garden), and yes Mons a lovely little place to drink and it will once again be invaded by loads of barnsley fans for their yearly visit to bristol this season

....tomorrows squad... Baldock out with calf strain.

City squad (v Portishead): Richards, Parish, Moloney, Little, Osborne, El-Abd, Williams, Cunningham, Bryan, Wagstaff, Burns, Pack, Smith, Elliott, Freeman, Reid, Wilbraham, Emmanuel-Thomas.

I always get concerned when a main player is left out pre-season due to injuries. It seems that this is quite often a smokescreen and they are off.

Baldock didn't play at Ashton & Backwell last season. Stephen Davies did though.

Archived