IGNORED

Pre Season Training

Ray White

Are the boys back yet for pre season training? Wes Burns and Bobby Reid indicated on twitter that they were back in on Monday but I haven't seen anything on the official site or twitter to confirm this. I guess it was just running and no ball work yet...

Cue the inaugral...

"Who's that in the back of the pic with his head sideways? Dont recognise him - must be trialist/new signing"

"I see JET has come back looking bigger than Jimmy '5 bellies' - no wonder he cant run and is lazy"

"Why is Baldock wearing No2? Is he going right back??!!"

"I dont like the new kit, City never listen to the fans..... we want Purple and Lime Green back"

Cue the inaugral...

"Who's that in the back of the pic with his head sideways? Dont recognise him - must be trialist/new signing"

"I see JET has come back looking bigger than Jimmy '5 bellies' - no wonder he cant run and is lazy"

"Why is Baldock wearing No2? Is he going right back??!!"

"I dont like the new kit, City never listen to the fans..... we want Purple and Lime Green back"

Well it's all part of the build up isn't it..a bit like shopping for your pencils and uniform before going back to school. It happens every year and you just got to get through it.

I like the fitness testing photos, hopefully showing fit, tanned bodies with heart monitors strapped around their bare chests!!! Ha Ha

• Admin

Didnt the players have a light training month in June including things like Swimming? Im sure i read somewhere they were asked to keep a reasonable level before training starts

Not like it used to be - fully expect that they were doing fitness work, albeit to a lower scale all summer

I saw Sam Baldock yesterday looking very fit and lean. Must have been working on his fitness during the close season.

I read somewhere that Cotts gave all the players a fitness thing to stick too in the off season,

Well it's all part of the build up isn't it..a bit like shopping for your pencils and uniform before going back to school. It happens every year and you just got to get through it.

I like the fitness testing photos, hopefully showing fit, tanned bodies with heart monitors strapped around their bare chests!!! Ha Ha

You follow football with a slightly different angle to most of us RedM ! :wub:

I've seen a few posts on Twitter from players who have gone home to see family and they seem to have gone to the gym etc with their mates. Obviously they've had holidays and relaxed too but I thought it was good they could mix friends and gym.

No doubt the less fit you are the hardest it is to come back. No player can afford to do that now though can they, there is always someone else to take your place. Many clubs issue fines etc or take the Mickey out of players (fat club) who return out of shape, it just isn't worth it.

You follow football with a slightly different angle to most of us RedM ! :wub:

But I get twice as much enjoyment as you, I get the serious, importance of the game and the fun stuff too!

Heard Colin saying on TalkSport this morning that Kenny was very pissed off by the arrival of Jack Butland, who the opinion of Colin is not such a good keeper as Kenny is.

Apparently Kenny had a real strop on and will soon be on his way from Leeds assuming he can lose the timber.

Heard Colin saying on TalkSport this morning that Kenny was very pissed off by the arrival of Jack Butland, who the opinion of Colin is not such a good keeper as Kenny is.

Apparently Kenny had a real strop on and will soon be on his way from Leeds assuming he can lose the timber.

Why am I feeling nervous about this....! Well I suppose there is more of him to fill the goal !

Have I completely forgotten what Baldock looks like?

Since I found hide-nor-hair of him in the pre-season training gallery...

because he's not there he was at David Loydd light training due to a light calf strain

Archived