IGNORED

What Formation Will We Play This Season

healeyred

Or all of the above at one time or other. Cotterill seems to be building a squad to give him options in the way the team sets up and plays, and we'll probably see different teams and different formations depending on the opposition and how the games are going.

Will it be 3-5-2 or  4-3-3 or even 4-4-2

all 3 it would be mad to stick to one formation, different games will require a different approch, ie if we play on a narrow pitch we wouldn't utilise our wide men as much and tray and pass it trhough the middle there a 4-3-3 would be used,

at hot we would use the width alot more where we may use 1 3-5-2 or a diamond shape midfield,

If we are playing a really physical team we may go long and knock it up to Wilbriham,

It's very confusing, I'm just trying to keep up with who we have signed and who we are likely to sign right now. Add to the fact that a few of our signings seem to be able to play in several positions and I really haven't worked out who plays where and who is replacing who yet!

A lot of 3-2s, 3 alls and 4-3s with that team!

On paper I think that is our strongest most offensive side.

Obviously it will change depending on who we play, conditions, home or away etc... However a lot of our players are very versatile and formations could change quite often, and during games...which is fantastic...you need that versatility to win games and not be stuck to one way of playing.

3-4-3 in attack which then changes to 5-4-1 when In defence;

ATTACK;

FREEMAN II JET II BALDOCK

CUNNINGHAM II SMITH II ELLIOTT II LITTLE

WILLIAMS II OSBORNE II AYLING

FIELDING/NEW GK

DEFENCE;

JET

FREEMAN II SMITH II ELLIOTT II BALDOCK

CUNNINGAM II WILLIAMS II OSBORNE II AYLING II LITTLE

FIELDING/NEW GK

That looks pretty strong to me in both aspects of the game! Roll on the 1st game of the season can't wait!!

This will put the cat amongst the pigeons...but I expect Pack to be playing a lot more this season...and JET playing less minutes.

Not a slight against JET....but I think we have a lot more options offensively this season with players who can score and create.

Something that Cotts said needed addressing, as we can't rely or expect JET and Balders to produce like they did last season.

JET I think, only scored a couple goals after December and looked off the pace for quiet a lot towards the end of the season.

I don't think Cotts will be afraid to Sub JET in games or start him on the bench as he showed towards the end of last season.

We have a lot more in our Arsenal to cover for him now imho.

This will put the cat amongst the pigeons...but I expect Pack to be playing a lot more this season...and JET playing less minutes.

Not a slight against JET....but I think we have a lot more options offensively this season with players who can score and create.

Something that Cotts said needed addressing, as we can't rely or expect JET and Balders to produce like they did last season.

JET I think, only scored a couple goals after December and looked off the pace for quiet a lot towards the end of the season.

I don't think Cotts will be afraid to Sub JET in games or start him on the bench as he showed towards the end of last season.

We have a lot more in our Arsenal to cover for him now imho.

we only had two outlets last season Jet and Baldock, we now have a few more I think all will get a decent amount of playing time, and lets be honest tho' jet is extemely skillful he may well be utilised as a battering ram as he has the strength baldock is lacking,

on the pack front I think he may well get less playing time if reid finally gets his act together and shows us the talent he has as well as becomes consistant,

I don't see any of our new signings to be anything but starters, except for Wilbrahams. I don't think Jet will get as much time, or Pack, Reid, Flint, El Abd etc. we will have a good bench to chose from for certain.

Interesting... I think the Pack/Smith position is going to be one of the hottest debates of the season.

Personally I think Pack has a lot to offer and will continue to improve.

As for Smith...we can only wait and see.

It's a lovely position for Cotts to be in.

I can actually see us starting on some occasions with JET on the Bench... Baldock and Freeman being the 'main' offensive....and Smith, Pack and Elliott all starting.

The worlds our oyster with the amount of formations that we can play with and vary.

I've never seen a City Squad so versatile.

So pleasing to see a squad not reliant on wingers for a change.

Interesting... I think the Pack/Smith position is going to be one of the hottest debates of the season.

Personally I think Pack has a lot to offer and will continue to improve.

As for Smith...we can only wait and see.

It's a lovely position for Cotts to be in.

I can actually see us starting on some occasions with JET on the Bench... Baldock and Freeman being the 'main' offensive....and Smith, Pack and Elliott all starting.

The worlds our oyster with the amount of formations that we can play with and vary.

I've never seen a City Squad so versatile.

So pleasing to see a squad not reliant on wingers for a change.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I also think Pack has more to offer, a lot of people forget he is still young. We do indeed have alot of versatile players in the squad now and we should be able to play a lot of different systems.

Archived