IGNORED

Two More Signings

Kid in the Riot

Really encouraged by this as well as the Ayling signing today:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20140708-academyarrivals-1725558.aspx

Have heard good things about Murphy.

He's no. 4 in this video:

I've heard good things about the lad from Valencia...this is what he's used to... Hope he fits in well. So happy for CA and Tinman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3kiW4ojGo

I think we should all be encouraged. Too much was made of the pillars, but it would take a real head in the sand moment to not recognise the club are doing things differently

I am personally delighted at the signings this season, and am encouraged that our under 21's will be full of 18 year olds. 

We are still a few years away from seeing a significant change in the club, as it will take years to see the impact in the change of coaching at youth level. But change is happening.

Don't worry Billy, I am sure some OTIB ostriches will be along very soon to rain on your parade.

Hate to speak to soon but who is this club and what have you done with Bristol City?

I miss Nicky Hunt and Damian Stewart :(

Who at the time a vast majority of us were happy we had signed them.

Im glad we are making positive signings....but I sense a fair few on here are getting a bit carried away

Shame it's not Jarrod Bowen. I see he's gone to Hull of all places!

Murphy looks a good prospect in the vid above though, certainly "plays what he sees".

Indeed Kid. Bowen had trials at Man United & Spurs recently. I've watched him myself & Hull got a cracking little player there!

Leroy Rosenior is Hull's eyes and ears in the South West. They also wanted Santos at NLBR but he actually ended up at Derby!

We should be chuffed with landing Murphy though cos as Timothy Bird say's other clubs wanted him inc. Crewe.

ROB - Keep them names to yourself fella haha.

Im glad we are making positive signings....but I sense a fair few on here are getting a bit carried away

I see what you're saying...David James, Stewart/Bridges, even players like Luke Wilkshire, Peacock etc

It'll all come down to how well the players gel and play as a team at the end of the day.

This does feel a bit different to the examples above though...targeting the best young players who are proven performers at this level and who have 100+ pro games behind them...plus a sprinkling of experience in Wilbraham and Elliott.

But you're right, we've seen this optimism before...probably even more so when Stewart and James signed.

Totally hear you an I'm not usually the carried away type.

The signing of two players who proved themselves for us last year, the Oldham captain, a Yeovil fan in tears about losing Ayling and a player from a side who when we played them we all thought he was shit hot but didn't stand a chance of recruiting has taken its toll on my carefully groomed sceptical attitude.

Just wondering how SL's funding it and keeping us in line with FFP.  He's obviously paying a decent wedge to attract some of these players.

Would also like to get Nosworthy if possible.

I particularly like the final sentence in this report....

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/bristol-city-sign-billy-murphy.html

Nice to see us taking advantage of Hereford slip up rather than us on the end of another Liam Rosenior cock up.

All very encouraging.

I kind of feel bad about screwing a club on their arse out of fee, but all's fair in love and football I suppose

Yeah, it's a symptom of a deeper problem, not a cause.

Oh aye; I know the predicament they are in has nothing to do with us, but it does feel like kicking a side when they're down. No doubt our academy status means we could have taken him for next to nothing anyway

Anyway, welcome to the club young fellas

Archived