IGNORED

Simon Moore

TNBT

So with Cardiff bringing Charlie Horton in will this mean that we'll be able to get Simon Moore on a permanent not just a season loan??

no idea but I think its been said there will be no one else in before botswana,

I think we need another keeper I'm not completey convinsed by fielding, while Parish is ok he really isn't a number one yet, and I've only seen richard play once so can't comment

I'd happily see Simon come back seemed confident between the sticks with fielding or Parish as number 2, was impressed with Fielding's attitude at being dropped & the way he come back to perform well when Moore got injured but don't see him or Parish as our number one if we want to get promoted.

So with all that reckon we should try getting Simon back on a permanent now they got another, it might be easier but can't see it happening til after the Botswana as we know no ones due in like you said.

We do need another keeper.!

Despite initially doing OK, Parrish's performances went down hill with us and he didn't perform well at League 2 level either by all accounts.

Fielding was a calamity to start with, but did perform well when he came back in. Richards is an unknown quantity.

Simon Moore would be an excellent capture if we can get him.

Two keepers is plenty, you hardly ever see a keeper pick up a nasty injury, having Moore would be a waste of a wage and a waste of his time sitting on a bench. He can sit on a bench at Cardiff if that's all he wants to do.

But he'd be first choice?! A way better GK than Fielding. Dont let one or two good saves at the end of the season cover over some attrocious goal keeping!

If we could sign Moore permanently he'd be between the sticks for many seasons.

But he'd be first choice?! A way better GK than Fielding. Dont let one or two good saves at the end of the season cover over some attrocious goal keeping!

This. Fielding has, in the main, been very poor.

What I noticed was, when our defence was more solid, there was less goalkeeping errors. Too much of a coincidence for me. Fielding was never atrocious imo, the defending in front of him was.

Moore is a better keeper than Fielding and younger. We need a keeper who can physically dominate the goal due to his size and build plus also be an excellent shot stopper. Moore meets those requirements, Fielding has been patchy and hasn't convinced me that he is up to the job.

Moore is a younger and better keeper than Fielding on last season's evidence. However, Frankie has proved himself a very competent stopper over the years, gaining international recognition in the process.

If Moore becomes available expect Cotterill to go for him as SC likes a tall and physically big goalie which FF is not.

Which errors were they?

Notts County towards the end of last season a shot went straight through him but he managed to dive back onto the line and scramble it away (see it at 1:05)

Brentford's 2nd goal should've been saved here 

And Orient's goal was quite a bad error in the 3-1 win

Don't get me wrong I think he's okay and would be a fairly good signing just think he's been overrated quite a bit

Or, don't let one or two bad errors cover over the ability and good reputation of Fielding. He's more than capable of being a number 1 here

Could someone please tell me what "This" means. Been meaning to ask for years

I am led to believe that it means 'I totally and fully agree with your comments, and quite frankly could not have put it better myself. Therefore I have nothing much of further value to add'

Hope this helps !

Archived