IGNORED

Simon Moore

TNBT

Moore is a better keeper than Parish for sure, and as good as if not better than Fielding, would love us to make a move for him. Will only get better as well with more games.

THIS

We do need another keeper.!

Despite initially doing OK, Parrish's performances went down hill with us and he didn't perform well at League 2 level either by all accounts.

Fielding was a calamity to start with, but did perform well when he came back in. Richards is an unknown quantity.

Simon Moore would be an excellent capture if we can get him.

THIS

Moore is a younger and better keeper than Fielding on last season's evidence. However, Frankie has proved himself a very competent stopper over the years, gaining international recognition in the process.

If Moore becomes available expect Cotterill to go for him as SC likes a tall and physically big goalie which FF is not.

AND THIS

If we are putting a squad together for promotion this season and I seriously believe we are, then we need Moore as cover to FF or as No1. It's a long old season and if FF is the No1 and transfer listed Parish is cover then I don't think it's enough. Injury can and will happen and every lost/gained point will be crucial if we are going back home to the Championship.

THIS

THIS

AND THIS

If we are putting a squad together for promotion this season and I seriously believe we are, then we need Moore as cover to FF or as No1. It's a long old season and if FF is the No1 and transfer listed Parish is cover then I don't think it's enough. Injury can and will happen and every lost/gained point will be crucial if we are going back home to the Championship.

This. ;)

Notts County towards the end of last season a shot went straight through him but he managed to dive back onto the line and scramble it away (see it at 1:05)

Brentford's 2nd goal should've been saved here 

And Orient's goal was quite a bad error in the 3-1 win

Don't get me wrong I think he's okay and would be a fairly good signing just think he's been overrated quite a bit

Wow we were so bad last year it was almost comical.

Why sign another keeper if we think FF is good enough?  We should have a number 1 and an U21s keeper for the bench.  If one gets injured we just use the emergency loan system and pull a Championship/Prem reserve keeper in for a month or 2.  Why waste wages otherwise?

Notts County towards the end of last season a shot went straight through him but he managed to dive back onto the line and scramble it away

Don't get me wrong I think he's okay and would be a fairly good signing just think he's been overrated quite a bit

Moore wasn't in goal at Brentford, that was Parish ( hence the 2 keepers wearing different squad numbers in those clips).

We have the opportunity to get a very good, young goalkeeper in Simon Moore possibly on a permanent. We need to take advantage of the situation while we can. As it has always been said, if you can get a player that improves on what you already have, get him.

We are not in a position to stock pile goalkeepers, Simon Moore will want first team football, so will Fielding. I don't doubt Moore is half decent, but Fielding in the second half of the season has done nothing wrong.

Wages come into play these days, why clog your wage bill up with decent earners who are nothing more than reserves? If Moore comes in you have to get rid of Fielding, I would rather keep Fielding as number 1 and promote to the subs bench from within. Emergency loans worked well last season, surely that's the best route for all concerned.

Why sign another keeper if we think FF is good enough?  We should have a number 1 and an U21s keeper for the bench.  If one gets injured we just use the emergency loan system and pull a Championship/Prem reserve keeper in for a month or 2.  Why waste wages otherwise?

It's not as simple as that..

I don't think FF is good enough based on what I saw last season.

Watched Moore play at Bath City today,he was the only player from Cardiff to play 90mins. My observations were - he was very vocal and clear with his instructions,good shot stopper and good under the high ball!!My main concern is his distribution,he kicked the ball straight out 4 times,if we wish to use Simon as a extra ball playing player it would worry me. I personally never feel confident with Frank in goal.

Archived