IGNORED

One Year On

Mahatma Coate

One year on  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both teams in the play-offs, we will be successful they will fail the final.

But that would mean 7 trillion loyal horse-punchers descending on Wembley and the FA can't afford to extend it just for one game. Not to mention the thousands of City fans outside to intimidate them.

Are we considered the highest semi- professional team now? I like this non league thing, we are top of the tree! (for now)

I think you lot will do well, it looked like SC really got the corner well and truly turned (I really did think you were going down at one point). As for us, well I quite like the things DC is saying, but then again I have heard it all before. I hope we will be top half and near the play offs, but if we are anywhere near the same side as last year we will struggle. We were truly dreadful and got what we deserved.

I'd actually like Rovers to come up sooner rather than later - sporting rivalry quickly stops being fun if your biggest rivals are so far behind you that, for one, you never play each other and, for two, jokes about the club start to feel like picking on the younger kids in school who are never going to be able to fight back.

Realistically though, I think the BSP is an incredibly tough league to get out of and - if Rovers fail to get up this season - they could be down there for a long time to come.

As for us, I think we should be looking at promotion.  That said I was optimistic in 2010/2011, 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 and although those seasons went awry so I'm not counting my chickens yet.

Are we considered the highest semi- professional team now? I like this non league thing, we are top of the tree! (for now)

I think you lot will do well, it looked like SC really got the corner well and truly turned (I really did think you were going down at one point). As for us, well I quite like the things DC is saying, but then again I have heard it all before. I hope we will be top half and near the play offs, but if we are anywhere near the same side as last year we will struggle. We were truly dreadful and got what we deserved.

You are, but not for long. One relegation will see you on a par with WSM and Bath City. The Conference National is a horrible league to get promoted from and a very easy one to get relegated / booted out of.

Your manager knows the non league but has never managed at that level, he also managed to blow a 14 point lead in BSS between January and April which meant Salisbury had to endure the play offs. He built a team at Salisbury that was fitter than most and passed well. In the Zamaretto they were the only full time team and won lots of matches in the last 10 minutes.

But.... There are going to be 23 full time teams in the Conference National next year so I doubt you'll have any fitness advantage. Darrell's natural passing game won't suit the Mem. That's not a dig, it's always been a bad pitch and will be one of the worst in your league next year. You've also managed to alienate a lot of teams and fans already with the big time / we're too big for this league stuff. Your finances look to be a mess too, that will hurt next year.

My view, you'll be just below half way. Just don't go into administration or you'll fund yourselves in the Southern League pronto.

Totally.  

Rovers will not get promoted in their first season.  For a start they would need a miraculous improvement in self-belief as a club to get one of the two auto spots.  Even to reach the play-offs would be a miracle - rookie manager with no experience in that Division, their squad looks average apart from their keeper.  

Personally I hope they rot there for five years.

And it's still funny.

Its only one auto spot man, makes it even harder for them :)

Points needed to win the conference since 2008/09

2008/09- 88

2009/10- 99

2010/11- 105

2011/12- 103

2012/13- 95

2013/14- 101

So over the last 6 seasons it's taken an average of 98.5 points to guarantee promotion, thats 2.35 points per game

I think 08/09 was a 42 game season rather than 46. These days you need to budget on 100 points to win that league.

Archived