IGNORED

Nicky Morgan

timothy bird

to be fair a blind horse with 3 legs and no tail would be an improvement on Michael Gove

i'm sure Labour will find a worse one if they ever get into power again, in fact Ed Balls and John Denham are 2 good contenders and then of course New Labour abolished the post, education, education, education, well not really actually obviously not important enough.

Nicky Morgan one the most underrated players ever at AG IMO.

i'm sure Labour will find a worse one if they ever get into power again, in fact Ed Balls and John Denham are 2 good contenders and then of course New Labour abolished the post, education, education, education, well not really actually obviously not important enough.

Brilliant player but largely overlooked by many. Strong player good touch.

They didn't "abolish the post" - they retitled it Minister for children, schools and families.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with John Denham. One of only three living MPs I know and so I feel qualified to tell you that he's an extremely hard-working and principled man, who resigned from the cabinet over the Iraq War. He's not been schools minister, so I'm not sure what you're on about there.

Re: Nicky Morgan. Agree - and he makes a hideous woman too, judging from the pictures.

Is that the same Nicky Morgan that I saw outside Upton Park in the early 90's giving his compo tickets to a gentlman. It must have been Nicky's birthday because that said gentleman gave Nicky a birthday card but must of lost the envelope as he put it in a brown one. Looks like a politician is his true vocation in life!

A lot better player than Trevor was !

Nicky Morgan was a good player and is up there with our best signings. Pity the Tories got him, at least he won't be an implicated 80s peado as he was playing here!

Trevor was a class act! Remember him collecting the coins being thrown at the Reading keeper that day! If you were there you know the one. Made me laugh and he scored a few too! Great lad!

Yes redox Trevor always tried his best, not in the same class as Nicky though,

Yes clearly Nicky Morgan played at a much higher level Tim, however Trevor was a decent player for the division we were in. He was in a promotion winning team and was just an all around good egg!

Did we not sign him twice or is that my old man memory malfunctioning!?

They didn't "abolish the post" - they retitled it Minister for children, schools and families.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with John Denham. One of only three living MPs I know and so I feel qualified to tell you that he's an extremely hard-working and principled man, who resigned from the cabinet over the Iraq War. He's not been schools minister, so I'm not sure what you're on about there.

Re: Nicky Morgan. Agree - and he makes a hideous woman too, judging from the pictures.

in 2007 It was split between the department for children, schools and families (responsible for infant, primary and secondary education) and the department for innovation, universities and skills (responsible for further, higher and adult education) and in 2009 the post was abolished by Brown and the duties transferred totally to the secretary of state for business, innovation and skills.

I suspect it was Labours attempt to cut down on red tape by having 2 departments rather than one and then made into a proper post to make Mandelson look more important.

and yes he did resign in 2001 over the Iraq war, but apparently his conscience was cleansed by 2007 and he returned as the secretary of state for business, innovation and skills responsible for further, higher and adult education.

Hideous human being. Obviously it's very difficult to find a Tory who doesn't have morally reprehensible views, but this is only positive because of the removal of the despotic Gove. Having a homophobe in charge of out schools... Great.

Nicky Morgan = great player and as others have said contributed hugely in a short space of time

Nicky Morgan = homophobic, public school educated, and a ridiculous appointment. Our kids' educational future is in the hands of someone who has no idea on how the real world works. 

No wonder kids think the premier league is a good idea. 

Yet everyone seems to rate him highly, don't they?  :dunno: 

Nicky Morgan = great player and as others have said contributed hugely in a short space of time

Nicky Morgan = homophobic, public school educated, and a ridiculous appointment. Our kids' educational future is in the hands of someone who has no idea on how the real world works. 

No wonder kids think the premier league is a good idea.

I agree with most of that, but don't call someone a homophobe for opposing Gay marriage on religious grounds. I am left of centre on most issues but believe marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Archived