IGNORED

Liam Mcallinden

westonred

billywedlock, on 17 Jul 2014 - 9:16 PM, said:

I would not be surprised to see another striker, but it depends also on the progress of Wes Burns. 

I can understand the goalkeeper need, but I am actually really worried about the defence. I thought we would sign a proper ball winning centre back, I guess Flint being fit is what they hope will solve it, but we were leaking goals at centre back, and even with 3 there I am far from confident we have the right player. I do not rate El Bad or Flint and believe we will again we susceptible to goals straight down the middle. 

I agree to some extent fella... Although I think we will be more vunerable from crosses...

I really don't rate El Abd or Flint, but it seems we are stuck with them.

I know everyone wants to give them a chance...but imho a leopard doesn't change his spots.

El Abd is one of those players that can't help himself...pulling, barging, niggling... giving away stupid fouls.

His positional play is just plain awful, and often other players are forced to cover his mistakes and often get the blame for his poor positioning.

Flint looks so uncomfortable on the ball...and is way too slow imho.

The likes of Nossers show how it can be done...without resorting to be a thug....good head, reading of the game and good distribution...and he's apparently past it.

Hopefully El Abd and Flint will be Bench warmers...

I really hope we start with a back 3 of Ayling, Osborne and Williams with 2 wing backs providing support.

I'm much more comfortable with that.

Time will tell...and I do hope I get to eat my words.

If we are going to push seriously this year, we can't phaff around 'finding out'.

I agree to some extent fella... Although I think we will be more vunerable from crosses...

I really don't rate El Abd or Flint, but it seems we are stuck with them.

I know everyone wants to give them a chance...but imho a leopard doesn't change his spots.

El Abd is one of those players that can't help himself...pulling, barging, niggling... giving away stupid fouls.

His positional play is just plain awful, and often other players are forced to cover his mistakes and often get the blame for his poor positioning.

Flint looks so uncomfortable on the ball...and is way too slow imho.

The likes of Nossers show how it can be done...without resorting to be a thug....good head, reading of the game and good distribution...and he's apparently past it.

Hopefully El Abd and Flint will be Bench warmers...

I really hope we start with a back 3 of Ayling, Osborne and Williams with 2 wing backs providing support.

I'm much more comfortable with that.

Time will tell...and I do hope I get to eat my words.

If we are going to push seriously this year, we can't phaff around 'finding out'.

I agree with your overall assessment, however an honest question here, if your preferred system/line up doesn't work, bearing in mind it's a new partnership how long would we phaff around finding that out? and then would you phaff around with your non preferred system/line up or go back to the drawing board?.

I agree with your overall assessment, however an honest question here, if your preferred system/line up doesn't work, bearing in mind it's a new partnership how long would we phaff around finding that out? and then would you phaff around with your non preferred system/line up or go back to the drawing board?.

I would hope that the team are training and playing more then one system in pre-season to be honest, its unwise to just stick to one system, on a wet tuesday night , we arent going to be able to play slick passing on the deck football we will have to go more direct,

So is SC is the manager we all hope him to be then we will be more then capable to play a few different formation and ways with out too much of a headache

Just to redress the balance on some of the comments above about Flint, and the possibly lazy tendency to lump him in with El Abd as 'not good enough.'

At the time of his injury Flint had been about City's outstanding player for several matches in a row, and also showed a great attitude in being determined to play on through the pain after suffering what turned out to be a serious, season ending injury.

I think a few of you may be in for a surprise at Flint's place in the CB pecking order, the manager has made it clear he rates him highly.

Esmond Million's Bung, on 18 Jul 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

That's what makes you a good manager or a great one. Deciding when the time is right to change.

He should know by now whether El Abd and Flint are good enough.

He will also know his preferred line up by the first game hopefully.

It's a lottery every manager is trying to solve.

Obviously it's a lot harder these day's with transfer windows and financial restrictions....you just can't go out and spend and replace when you want.

As has been said... you need options and different formations.

Hopefully Flint and El Abd will 'up' their game... I've seen enough of them though to think that they are not the kind of players you need for a push for promotion. They are 'ok'.....but good enough for a 'push'....I'm not convinced.

I only hope Williams or Osbourne or Ayling don't get injured long term.

However.... In saying that, I hope they prove me wrong.

Flint has time on his side to improve of course.

I would have loved Nossers to have been here on a one year deal....of course he might not want that.

With him here...it would make that little difference imho.

Just to redress the balance on some of the comments above about Flint, and the possibly lazy tendency to lump him in with El Abd as 'not good enough.'

At the time of his injury Flint had been about City's outstanding player for several matches in a row, and also showed a great attitude in being determined to play on through the pain after suffering what turned out to be a serious, season ending injury.

I think a few of you may be in for a surprise at Flint's place in the CB pecking order, the manager has made it clear he rates him highly.

oh was very critcal of flint and called him a waste of money but about 6 games before he got injured (I think it started after his peleesc own goal against brentford) he became reliable and was puting in very good performances, that being said it depends what player comes back from injury, I'm with spudski I'd rather see him on the bench and williams osborne and Ayling play,

Archived