IGNORED

Fans Of The Beach Boys , And Classic Summer Sounds

BRIAN WILSON

Yep , my user names suggests what my fav band is (however I have such an eclectic taste in music it's unreal) However self promotion here ( I'm one of the members of the band and a City fan of MANY years standing , first game back in the early 70's) anyway hope you enjoy this little retro summer ditty (with a large nod to The Beach Boys)

They are/were just a bit cheesy for me. Their music was so 60s but they couldn't progress through the decades because it was dated.

The Stones for example are priceless. Their music doesn't age, same with the Beatles.

They are/were just a bit cheesy for me. Their music was so 60s but they couldn't progress through the decades because it was dated.

The Stones for example are priceless. Their music doesn't age, same with the Beatles.

You maybe right with the Stones, although I am not a fan. IMO the Beatles were very cheesey and dated just as much as the beach boys. Although I would much prefer to listen to the beach boys on a hot summers day when relaxing, where I would turn of any Beatles music at any time of day or month.

You maybe right with the Stones, although I am not a fan. IMO the Beatles were very cheesey and dated just as much as the beach boys. Although I would much prefer to listen to the beach boys on a hot summers day when relaxing, where I would turn of any Beatles music at any time of day or month.

I agree to an extent. The Beatles in their early years could come across cheesy but that was normal at that time. In the late 60s, time changed rather quickly when it came to fashion and music. Some of their music in their later years was breathtaking and will never age.

i'm sorry Bud the Stones IMO have done absolutely **** all of any note whatsoever post exile on main street 1972 and what came after sounds tired, dated and just an embarrassingly mind numbing pastiche of how good they once were, however beggars banquet, Let it bleed, sticky fingers and exile are absolute classics and what a legacy to have 4 of the best albums of all time.

if you only know the the beach boys singles I can see how you might come to that conclusion, their albums are totally different, they ran out of steam about a year later than the stones in 1973, from pet sounds and for 5 subsequent albums they were pushing the boundaries more and more each time, leading to surfs up and Holland which are both timeless classics IMO and again along with pet sounds they right are up there.

i'm sorry Bud the Stones IMO have done absolutely **** all of any note whatsoever post exile on main street 1972 and what came after sounds tired, dated and just an embarrassingly mind numbing pastiche of how good they once were, however beggars banquet, Let it bleed, sticky fingers and exile are absolute classics and what a legacy to have 4 of the best albums of all time.

if you only know the the beach boys singles I can see how you might come to that conclusion, their albums are totally different, they ran out of steam about a year later than the stones in 1973, from pet sounds and for 5 subsequent albums they were pushing the boundaries more and more each time, leading to surfs up and Holland which are both timeless classics IMO and again along with pet sounds they right are up there.

Very fair comment about the BB's output , they did run out of steam circ 1973 however there has been some classic stuff on all of their rather patchy output since then ( a rather good case in point is the Love You album from 1977 ) and even their 2012 Album 'That's Why God Made The Radio' had some superb moments - For me their greatest moment was the Sunflower album from 1970.

Anyway do please play (and hopefully enjoy) and share our video as in the opening post  :yes: 

Archived