IGNORED

Steve Landsdown Interview

Frome Red

With the greatest respect to Mr L....I've gone past the stage of listening to what he says, and anything I do hear, I take with a pinch of salt.

Heard it all before.....what he wants, where he wants us to be, what he wants us to do.......

The facts are simple, we have in a roundabout way ended up exactly where we were 10 years ago.  I love the bloke as he continues to back the club, but we have had far to many 'false dawns'.

With the greatest respect to Mr L....I've gone past the stage of listening to what he says, and anything I do hear, I take with a pinch of salt.

Heard it all before.....what he wants, where he wants us to be, what he wants us to do.......

The facts are simple, we have in a roundabout way ended up exactly where we were 10 years ago.  I love the bloke as he continues to back the club, but we have had far to many 'false dawns'.

Maybee Steve as the investor should listen to someone with documented knowledge of the game outside the UK.

Impressive interview. The Club's in safe hands and I'm confident he's building a sustainable future.

Jesz there's no pleasing some people though. To survive and thrive nowadays you need a football and financial strategy, no longer can a football club do it on gates and TV money alone. Peer over the garden fence and have a look at our neighbours for those who yearn for the past.

The Club's not beyond criticism - for years the Academy has been woeful, scouting system pathetic and POTD ticketing abysmal. However, I believe at long last, as a Club on a broad front we're heading in the right direction. Bravo SL!

Impressive interview. The Club's in safe hands and I'm confident he's building a sustainable future.

Jesz there's no pleasing some people though. To survive and thrive nowadays you need a football and financial strategy, no longer can a football club do it on gates and TV money alone. Peer over the garden fence and have a look at our neighbours for those who yearn for the past.

The Club's not beyond criticism - for years the Academy has been woeful, scouting system pathetic and POTD ticketing abysmal. However, I believe at long last, as a Club on a broad front we're heading in the right direction. Bravo SL!

Sorry, heard it all before though. At the time of getting spanked by Luton 5-0 we were told "the club must live within its means", only to go and then rack up a huge debt chasing the dream.

Don't get me wrong, I like SL and I'm also convinced he has the clubs best interests at heart. However, many mistakes and many U-turns have dented my confidence.

I do think the Bristol Sport entity acting as a waycof cutting costs wuthout scaling back services is a great idea though, so maybe a sustained run of good decisions and consistent direction may now follow.

Best interview I've heard from him in a little while. I got the feeling post-relegation after such awful time on the pitch, and with all the setbacks off it, that SL was getting a bit weary of it all.

The bristol sport brand and potential benefits will take a whole to bare fruit but I am confident that overall it will be very positive. I would consider going to watch the rugby now it's at AG and in a revamped stadium both sports should benefit.

Overall; positive and exciting. Hopefully we're due a good season..

Anything but exited after watching them! He seemed a little bored with it all to me, a hint of being pissed off when asked to explain Bristol Sport and what it means to the various entities

Give me 2 mins of SC any day over 10 of SL. Love the guy for bankrolling my club, but he was about as inspiring as SOD on that one

Anything but exited after watching them! He seemed a little bored with it all to me, a hint of being pissed off when asked to explain Bristol Sport and what it means to the various entities

I would like to see Uncle Steve with his face blacked up staring into the screen like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse now.

We are all soon about to die and coming generations will hold us responsible for not crying out the obvious.

[Hope not Sweden ! was really excited about the new season too ! or do you know something I don't? have you been casting the Viking runes? pray tell./quote]

We will all live for ever by being talked about out of respect by coming generations. Long live Ashtonyate.

Archived