IGNORED

Steve Landsdown Interview

Frome Red

With the greatest respect to Mr L....I've gone past the stage of listening to what he says, and anything I do hear, I take with a pinch of salt.

Heard it all before.....what he wants, where he wants us to be, what he wants us to do.......

The facts are simple, we have in a roundabout way ended up exactly where we were 10 years ago.  I love the bloke as he continues to back the club, but we have had far to many 'false dawns'.

Loads of clubs would love to be where they were 10 years ago,some are better off, some far worse, at least we had an adventure ! we wont, I feel, stop trying,untill we get it right though.

It could be the end of the debt.

He has already stated that what he hasn't already been wiped off the debt is nothing that he won't take care of as & when needed.

Still, that isn't enough for some people, who really don't get how lucky we are!

Anything but exited after watching them! He seemed a little bored with it all to me, a hint of being pissed off when asked to explain Bristol Sport and what it means to the various entities

Give me 2 mins of SC any day over 10 of SL. Love the guy for bankrolling my club, but he was about as inspiring as SOD on that one

Or you could still be having riddles & stupid questions in the basement league if it wasn't for Steve Landsdown.

The mumbled ramblings of a billionaire on a vanity trip. Really miss Colin Sexstone. Seriously fed up with this five pillars, Botswana and Bristol Sport bollocks. God knows what they'll come up with next.

Can't be long before he tries to get Gloucestershire cricket club under the Bristol sport banner.

Like him or loathe him he is certainly trying to build a legacy for himself and his family.

The mumbled ramblings of a billionaire on a vanity trip. Really miss Colin Sexstone. Seriously fed up with this five pillars, Botswana and Bristol Sport bollocks. God knows what they'll come up with next. 

I liked the emphasis of community within the five pillars. The C in FC should mean club and community. One persons will is neither a club or community.

Can't be long before he tries to get Gloucestershire cricket club under the Bristol sport banner.

Like him or loathe him he is certainly trying to build a legacy for himself and his family.

I'm not sure he can get his hands on Glos...something to do with the way cricket clubs are run/owned by its members would make it difficult to get on the board and gain full control.

As a keen cricketer I'm sure he'd already have Glos in his "stable" if he could.

I'm not sure he can get his hands on Glos...something to do with the way cricket clubs are run/owned by its members would make it difficult to get on the board and gain full control.

As a keen cricketer I'm sure he'd already have Glos in his "stable" if he could.

Didn't stop him getting full control of Bristol City when it had safe guards in place though did it ;)

Yes well done you can spell! Do you want some kind of award for that ?

I bet nobody on here knew who I was on about until you corrected that mistake! Thanks

You're welcome babber. Wasn't sure if it was a spelling mistake or you didn't know how it should be spelt?

Being only a youngster, I suspect I shall see another board in my time.

I think my gripe with tbe the Lansdown era will aways be that never before and maybe not in the future for a while has an English man as rich as him been involved with ANY football league club, yet unbelievably he owns us, yet somehow we are still in Division 3.

I dont know how to explain it.

I always think that rather than slowly pissing 70m away over 10 years tryingto be clever, he should have just spunked the lot in 2/3 years and we would have been there.

They were good interviews and it's great that he's available.  He's a good bloke and his heart is in the right place. He's seen the problem, is dealing with it and laying very firm foundations for the future of BCFC. Oh, and he's bankrolling the lot of it.

Exactly BB!

Archived