IGNORED

Turner, Taylor And Morgan

Superjack

I was the same.

Remember seeing him at a pre season friendly at Clevedon- a more arrogant **** I have yet to see or meet.

Super bob on the other hand was a real hero.

Can't believe I was a young, dumb, and full of *** 16 yr old- where has the time gone.

Bob Taylor or Andy Cole?

Taylor eight days a week.

A bloke at work (where are you now RW) used to play cricket for Nailsea with him I think. At least he knew him quite well, and said he was the most down to earth person you could meet. And that was how he came across anyway.

Andy sorry Andrew Cole well he could score all the goals in the world but would never make it into a team of City greats. My overwhelming memory is never seeing him come out to warm up at away games.

Bob Taylor went on to become a hero at West Brom. Do you remember the 'Thank you very much for Bobbie Taylor' chant they used to dole out when we went up there?

Bob Taylor or Andy Cole?

Super Bob all day everyday.

2 things that I remember about Andy Cole :

1. My dad is a mate of Andy Llewellyns dad - he told us about one day when Andy L and Andy Cole were at the training ground and it was absolutely pissing down - Llewy said 'right lets get out there and get on with it' Cole said 'Youve got to be f**cking joking' and sat in the car for the whole session...without be reprimanded !!

2. In the League Cup game V Cardiff - we won 5-1 and Cole scored a hat-trick - during the game their keeper was able to simply roll the ball out to their right back unopposed as Cole just stood there - Wayne Allison could quite clearly be heard from the EastEnd shouting 'Run you lazy **** !!' to Cole - who i'm happy to say on this occasion obliged !!! I wonder why !?!?

Hence to say super Bob didn't need to be told either of these things - he did it naturally cause he wore his heart on his sleeve and always gave 100%.

I must start by stating that this is NOT a "then and now" comparison, because the Class of 1990 would win hands down.

However, it seems to me that Wilbraham and Baldock, although not exactly the same type of players and IMO nowhere near as good, are nonetheless reminiscent of the "Two T's" in 1990.

We got promoted from this division in 1990.

Turner and Taylor were largely the "up-top" reason for that...

...supported in no small terms by a certain Nicky Morgan.

I'm loving the look of our squad and am more optimistic about the coming season than I have been for years...

...I just can't help feeling that we could do with a Nicky Morgan.

Providing Baldock stays, I think it could be the final jigsaw piece.

(Although I wouldn't mind us getting Nosworthy back either).

Agree with what you say, however.... We did have GARY SHELTON who dominated midfield like no other (bar Gerry Gow)

Hopefully Wade Elliott can do the same?

Morgan wasn't signed until the transfer deadline in March, and so played little part in the promotion season. Dean Horrix was signed shortly before, but died in a car crash. We also had Ian Ferguson on loan for the latter part of the season, but for the most part it was Taylor and Turner. Joe Jordan realised Robbie Turner would do a job in the third division, but wouldn't hack it in the second. We had a very settled side that season, Llewellyn, Bailey, Humphries,Newman, Gavin, Smith, Shelton, Rennie, Taylor, Turner. These days it seems far-fetched to be so reliant on a small group of players. That season, the Gas, who pipped us to the title, finished the season with virtually the same XI that started it. Can't see that ever happening again.

Yes you are correct.

Such a bitter-sweet irony that a great player in Nicky would not have been here but for that tragic turn of events. Maybe Dean Horrix would have been just as good...

I must concede that I had completely forgot about Ian (actually, I seem to recall that it was spelt 'Iain') Ferguson...

Archived