IGNORED

Robbored

arpaul

• Admin

Just to add my best wishes, you've provided some devisive topics, laid yourself open to ridicule and stood your ground, here's hoping you make a full recovery and spice up the forum again soon, we'll need something to get everyone going when we're 10 points clear at the top of the league in November...........

I value you as one of the most insightful commentators on this board, Robbored, but your health is far more important than football, so i wish you a successful recovery.

And if your eyesight is the only thing affected, it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of a saturday afternoon. Might even improve it ;)

Thanks to all for these kind comments.

Truth is the consequences could have been far more severe, I've been lucky that the stroke occurred in my occipital lobe at the back of my brain and the only symptom is disturbed vision. I have no left sided peripheral vision which means I cannot drive. Living out in the sticks means that's a real bummer. Problem getting to AG as well.

Mrs Robbo has been an angel, driving me to various appointments without a second thought. She's my rock although I seriously doubt that she'll be willing to drop me off at AG and then pick me up!

I've been prescribed statins, blood pressure tabs along with aspirin and been told not to drink more than 2units of alcohol daily.

I've also been told that it will be at least 4 weeks before I'm likely to see any improvement,if at all. It takes that long for any swelling to go subside according to the medics.

The care I received in both the eye hospital and the BRI has been excellent as wel. Apparently it's crucial for the source of the clot to be discovered and the most likely is the carotid arteries or the old ticker. my jugulars are fine so the next investigation is on my heart. I have to wear a monitor for 72 hours. It'll be a while before that happens tho.

Despite not being able to drive I consider myself a lucky bloke.

RR,

Having just lost my Mum to a stroke was especially glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Let's hope that you won't need picking up after vising AG this season - over the last few seasons City fans have needed therapy, not just picking up after being at AG!

Look forward to many more of your provocative posts in future.

Thanks to all for these kind comments.

Truth is the consequences could have been far more severe, I've been lucky that the stroke occurred in my occipital lobe at the back of my brain and the only symptom is disturbed vision. I have no left sided peripheral vision which means I cannot drive. Living out in the sticks means that's a real bummer. Problem getting to AG as well.

Mrs Robbo has been an angel, driving me to various appointments without a second thought. She's my rock although I seriously doubt that she'll be willing to drop me off at AG and then pick me up!

I've been prescribed statins, blood pressure tabs along with aspirin and been told not to drink more than 2units of alcohol daily.

I've also been told that it will be at least 4 weeks before I'm likely to see any improvement,if at all. It takes that long for any swelling to go subside according to the medics.

The care I received in both the eye hospital and the BRI has been excellent as wel. Apparently it's crucial for the source of the clot to be discovered and the most likely is the carotid arteries or the old ticker. my jugulars are fine so the next investigation is on my heart. I have to wear a monitor for 72 hours. It'll be a while before that happens tho.

Despite not being able to drive I consider myself a lucky bloke.

Wishing you all the best for a full return to rude good health Sage, this forum would not be the same without its most celebrated grenadier!

As far as I know we've never met in reality but I glean that we are of similar age (soon to enter a seventh decade in my case) ... so it would be good to see your experience acting as the trigger for everyone reading this, especially those in their 50s, to book a check-up with their GP to include a fasting blood test ... cars get an MOT test every year but we can neglect ourselves too easily, especially blokes.  

Archived