IGNORED

Robbored

arpaul

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. There must be somebody in your neck of the woods that can give you a lift to and from Ashton?

If RR's profile is right & he's in Nailsea, I drive in from Clevedon & happy to, I'm sure i'm not the only one. Will give Mrs RR time to go shopping.

Get well soon RR.

Thanks to all for these kind comments.

Truth is the consequences could have been far more severe, I've been lucky that the stroke occurred in my occipital lobe at the back of my brain and the only symptom is disturbed vision. I have no left sided peripheral vision which means I cannot drive. Living out in the sticks means that's a real bummer. Problem getting to AG as well.

Mrs Robbo has been an angel, driving me to various appointments without a second thought. She's my rock although I seriously doubt that she'll be willing to drop me off at AG and then pick me up!

I've been prescribed statins, blood pressure tabs along with aspirin and been told not to drink more than 2units of alcohol daily.

I've also been told that it will be at least 4 weeks before I'm likely to see any improvement,if at all. It takes that long for any swelling to go subside according to the medics.

The care I received in both the eye hospital and the BRI has been excellent as wel. Apparently it's crucial for the source of the clot to be discovered and the most likely is the carotid arteries or the old ticker. my jugulars are fine so the next investigation is on my heart. I have to wear a monitor for 72 hours. It'll be a while before that happens tho.

Despite not being able to drive I consider myself a lucky bloke.

It's good to have your avatar back ;).... and you I suppose

Have a speedy recovery and get down the gate! Hopefully it would be a happier place this season!!

Thanks to all for these kind comments.

Truth is the consequences could have been far more severe, I've been lucky that the stroke occurred in my occipital lobe at the back of my brain and the only symptom is disturbed vision. I have no left sided peripheral vision which means I cannot drive. Living out in the sticks means that's a real bummer. Problem getting to AG as well.

Mrs Robbo has been an angel, driving me to various appointments without a second thought. She's my rock although I seriously doubt that she'll be willing to drop me off at AG and then pick me up!

I've been prescribed statins, blood pressure tabs along with aspirin and been told not to drink more than 2units of alcohol daily.

I've also been told that it will be at least 4 weeks before I'm likely to see any improvement,if at all. It takes that long for any swelling to go subside according to the medics.

The care I received in both the eye hospital and the BRI has been excellent as wel. Apparently it's crucial for the source of the clot to be discovered and the most likely is the carotid arteries or the old ticker. my jugulars are fine so the next investigation is on my heart. I have to wear a monitor for 72 hours. It'll be a while before that happens tho.

Despite not being able to drive I consider myself a lucky bloke.

My old mum died of a stroke, so all I can say is follow doctors orders, avoid the old stress (Apart from watching City that is). sure you'll be back to fighting fit soonest. Keep as active as possible n all..

Archived