IGNORED

Cheltenham Away (Merged)

Hartcliffe red

I agree also - with your question.

But, does anybody really know whether he was actually approached and, if so, whether he declined or his wage demands were simply considered too expensive?

Don't think he's signed anywhere yet. Who's to say we don't have an offer on the table for him... He'd be sensible to hold out to see what offers come in and, hopefully, we'll have set a deadline. Or maybe not!

I think the issue we have is that the budget for the primary CB is used on El Bad, he was meant to be our experienced leader. Unless we can move him on we are stuck. Ido agree Osbourne is a good player, but we know over last 3 seasons, the lack of a top quality prime CB has cost us dear. I am delighted with our summer signings, but do not feel we addressed the single biggest weakness in the team at CB . It was meant to be El bad, maybe he will come good , who knows, but if there is one area I feel we will be discussing in September, it will be the CB position. 

I think you may well be right.Some great work in the transfer market by SC and his team but I would have loved to have Nosworthy on board.He looked the real deal for me.

Don't think he's signed anywhere yet. Who's to say we don't have an offer on the table for him... He'd be sensible to hold out to see what offers come in and, hopefully, we'll have set a deadline. 

It would be nice if you are correct and he receives no (other?) offers....

Is there any need for that give the guy a break ffs

Term of endearment.

I don't rate him,but have a sort of  soft spot for him

Please feel free to castigate all those who call el abd el bad.  It could take you some time.

Hear, Hear Bud, tonight for instance Ayling gave away the penalty but apparently El Abd is the weak link, according to people not there.

It has been Osborne who has failed to deliver pre season in terms of good defending, yet he is constantly hailed, looks like Ayling has made a ricket tonight, but weirdly El Abd is still getting ridiculed, not sure a he has been at fault for any yet.

Fresh start for the lot, I will call Flint a oaf though, even if he plays well, its his whole persona, as well as his plodding demeanor.  Here is hoping they all have a good season

Most of the time actually.

He will or would be the weak link in a high tempo performing team this season.

If we have serious aspirations for promotion there will be no room for passengers.

No room for players who score and create goals? What a strange team..........

Most of the time actually.

He will or would be the weak link in a high tempo performing team this season.

If we have serious aspirations for promotion there will be no room for passengers.

Brilliant! Give me 11 passengers if they score 20 and set up 18 goals a season.

Archived