IGNORED

Released Players

B-Rizzle

So, with a little over a week to go until the start of the new season it looks like none of our major released players from the end of the season have found themselves clubs.

Unless I've missed something Marv, Fonts and Pearson are all still free agents, albeit Fonts has supposedly been training with Bolton.

Anyone else surprised?

Marvin Elliott is training with Sheffield United and watched their win against Fenerbahce. He's staying at a swanky hotel in the outskirts of Sheffield as well and is expected to be offered terms. 

So much for wanting to move back to London!

So much for wanting to move back to London!

what he wants and what actually happens are two different things,

he may well have the intention of moving back to london but if a contract doesn't appear he can't go back there, he still has to make a living and at 29 he still has at least 5 years as a pro left

It says a lot that the season is almost upon us and NONE of our released players have found new clubs yet, either they are asking too much in wages or clubs have sussed out they weren't as good as they once were. I hope Marv finds a club, wouldn't mind him going to Sheffield united as he has lost his legs and would show their midfield isn't as strong as ours. And for him they would probably pay towards the top end wages for league 1.

Thought that Elliott was on trial at Blackpool

He was about 3 weeks ago, but featured in one friendly and then not the next whilst there and wasn't offered a contract despite them only having 7 players at the time. He has been at Utd since last Friday and watched their game last night. He is expected to play with the under 21s in a behind closed doors friendly with Gossport Boro on Saturday morning. 

speaking of released players I didn't relise Luke Wilkshire had signed for Feyenoord

Their most successful period was the 60s & 70s. Since then they've, relatively, been living on their reputation. Good at domestic level but nothing special in European competitions. They are currently 121st in the UEFA rankings (Wigan are 91st) so nothing special

Their most successful period was the 60s & 70s. Since then they've, relatively, been living on their reputation. Good at domestic level but nothing special in European competitions. They are currently 121st in the UEFA rankings (Wigan are 91st) so nothing special

So considerably better than us then.

It's no surprise to me that City's released players are struggling to find another club. They were average at best at City and two or three were too comfortable at the club and produced far too many under par performances.

Agreed. Very happy to sit here and take the money, now they're being tested elsewhere they have to kick it up a notch!, for the record I was a fan of marv, not slating him.

Archived