IGNORED

Line Up For Saturday

Kingswoodactor

Should be usual starting 11, without any change in the sqaud.

-------------------Fielding

--------Ayling---Osborne---Williams

Little-------------------------------------Cunningham

-------------------------Smith

----------------Elliott

---------Freeman-------JET

-------------------Baldock

This is what it will be for Sheffield United, with Osborne likely to be unfit and being a bit more caution.

---------------------Fielding

-------Ayling-----Osborne-----Williams

Little---------------------------------------Cunningham

-----------Elliott----Smith-----Pack

--------------------Freeman

--------------------Baldock

Fielding

Little

Ayling

Flint

Williams

Cunningham

Elliott

Smith

Freeman

Baldock

Wilbraham

Got a feeling Wilbraham isn't just here to make the numbers up, particularly away from home.

Totally agree but might think about changing Karleigh for Flint IF he's fit.

I reckon Cott's 'fitness' comment may be aimed at JET and Wilbraham will start a lot more games than most think, particularly away from the Gate.

It will be same starting line up as Cheltenham but flint in instead of elabd. I'm sure he will start with jet ahead of Wilbraham. He will try and go all guns blazing and see what happens. Attack attack attack.

If he's healed, Osborne won't start. He had 5 mins in Botswana and not alot before then. He will probably get time against Oxford.

It will be same starting line up as Cheltenham but flint in instead of elabd. I'm sure he will start with jet ahead of Wilbraham. He will try and go all guns blazing and see what happens. Attack attack attack.

No, lets try to defend defend defend, we are hardly playing Rochdale at home here, this is the hardest game of the season. I rather we draw 0-0 with 5 men behind the ball the whole game then lose 4-3 and go all guns blazing

No, lets try to defend defend defend, we are hardly playing Rochdale at home here, this is the hardest game of the season. I rather we draw 0-0 with 5 men behind the ball the whole game then lose 4-3 and go all guns blazing

I agree to a point but you have to remember we can't defend. There's no way I would start jet and freeman personally up there. But I think that SC will do it as if to say, let's see if you can handle us.

Realistically, against the favourites away from home, i'd go:

Fielding

Ayling   Flint   Williams

Little                                      Cunningham

Pack

Elliott    Freeman

Jet       

Baldock

Freeman was here, there and everywhere against Cheltenham so he could play more centrally, with Wade Elliott being box-to-box and Marlon Pack just sitting. I think chucking all the new players in would be the wrong thing to do straight away. Smith and Pack are basically the same player, so you can debate all day about which player you play. For me Pack is a cleverer player but each to their own

Fielding

Little

Ayling (osbourne if fit)

Flint

Williams

Cunningham

Smith

Pack

Elliot

Freeman

Baldock

Solid but with more than enough bite coming through the middle with baldock running the channels with 3 players in midfield all capable of picking a pass, then we have the width of little and cunningham and then we also have freeman, outstanding signing, who could run rings around what looks like a fairly sluggish sheff utd defence.

How can I feel this confident about a city team going to bramall lane? COYR

Agree with Lew, just a couple of injuries to our defence and once again on paper our defence looks extremely poor. Williams- Flint- Al abd does not give me any confidence at all.

to be fair all 3 have performed well in pre-season, the goals we have concided were from a poor tackle from ayling and the portishead goal and one of the weston goals were from poor marking from Osborne, (from the games I have seen and the highlights)

So I'm ready to give them a chance,

The worry for me is the lack of pace from flint and el abd,

Would be very very surprised if it is Flint & El Abd. Think it will be one or the other with Ayling playing right sided centre back of the 3. It would be paceless back there with both of them playing.

I didn't put Flint & El Abd, I had Flint on the bench.

I'd play Flint over El Abd, if only for the reason that, ignoring his defensive aspect; he seems a nightmare to play against from set pieces as a defender.

No idea who'll play; personally, I WOULD start JET, if only because bringing on Wilbraham is a good change to have, and get the feeling with the energy and threat of both Baldock and Freeman likely around him, it can free up JET to be more creative.

But, ultimately, I've not seen enough of Sheffield United to know what their main strengths are, and would hope we're setting up to both counter those and attack their own weaknesses.

Do think this talk of setting up for a draw is rubbish though; we should always go for it.  Too much caution is what did for us time and time again last year, even if we were scoring, so let's make sure that we don't give Sheffield United too much respect.

I'd play Flint over El Abd, if only for the reason that, ignoring his defensive aspect; he seems a nightmare to play against from set pieces as a defender.

No idea who'll play; personally, I WOULD start JET, if only because bringing on Wilbraham is a good change to have, and get the feeling with the energy and threat of both Baldock and Freeman likely around him, it can free up JET to be more creative.

But, ultimately, I've not seen enough of Sheffield United to know what their main strengths are, and would hope we're setting up to both counter those and attack their own weaknesses.

Do think this talk of setting up for a draw is rubbish though; we should always go for it.  Too much caution is what did for us time and time again last year, even if we were scoring, so let's make sure that we don't give Sheffield United too much respect.

they lost 2-0 to york last night if that helps

they lost 2-0 to york last night if that helps

I know, but that was a much changed side from the one that played against that Turkish team last week, so I'd not read much into that.

Ultimately, like us, they did very well second half of the season, though I'd question if they've brought in quote some many improvements on the squad they had, and have certainly lost some quality, so they'll be a mystery (much like us).  

One thing I will say is in Higdon, Porter, Flynn, Murphy and (if fit) Baxter, they have some decent fire power for this level, so our defence will need to be on its game, that is for certain.

Archived