IGNORED

Ashton Gate Consultation

cidercity

And why not? Yes, yes I know, but it sounds like you have not got your head round the new world order.

We think of Ashton Gate as belonging to BCFC, with Bristol Rugby as new tenants. But that's not how it is now. Effectively there are now two sports clubs as tenants of Bristol Sport and we'll have to get used to that.

The days of having all the stands named after City heroes may have to end.

Get ****** . I do not care how you dress it up , it's our ground with our history and traditions. We will soon get in a few rows with the egg chasers if they think they will turn up and take over. **** um

Get ****** . I do not care how you dress it up , it's our ground with our history and traditions. We will soon get in a few rows with the egg chasers if they think they will turn up and take over. **** um

Perhaps the egg chasers are looking for payback, after the slagheads moved into the Mem and started taking over.......

:noexp:

I read they like the idea of a 'memorial ground stand'. That won't happen until the horse punchers name one of their ends the 'Ashton Gate end'!

Imagine wanting a stand named after the ground of our nearest bitter rivals FFS? Think about it egg chasers or this partnership just won't work.

Could we try having the stands named differently for Football and Rugby, so for us it's named as they are but for Rugby match days the stands have different names? Sponsorship wise there will be the same amount of match days for City where its their stand (as in Blackthorn Atyeo), do the other stands have sponsors or just called Dolman etc?

My thoughts exactly. Nothing against Bristol Rugby but this is Ashton gate it is our ground and our traditions should be kept.

And why not? Yes, yes I know, but it sounds like you have not got your head round the new world order.

We think of Ashton Gate as belonging to BCFC, with Bristol Rugby as new tenants. But that's not how it is now. Effectively there are now two sports clubs as tenants of Bristol Sport and we'll have to get used to that.

The days of having all the stands named after City heroes may have to end.

What next Blue seats & change our strip

It's such a simple solution. The rugby side can call the stands whatever they wish and we'll stick with the current stand names. If they want different stand names, fair enough, it may say those names on rugby tickets but there won't (or at least shouldn't) be any crossover between the two.

Simple fact is, stands get named after players/chairmen after those people had played or owned the club and had an affinity with Ashton gate. How can you name a stand after some egg chaser who's never played at Ashton. utter bollocks .

Agreed. Also think for this reason they won't actually be changed to Rugby players names. I hope and expect they'll still be known as what they are now with of course additional sponsorship.

Well they have had some notable players , not least John Pullin who played 42 times for England and captained them. I have no problem with a stand named after him, as quite honestly I don't care. 

Should name items of kit after him. Surely everyone would want a pair of  Pullin' shorts.

their fans can call it what they like,what difference does a name make? known to us as the east end,will probably still get called the eastend by those that have been there for eons. 

quick question tho,without changing the trajection of the ground,how can the east end become the south stand?

has the east end always been at the south end of the pitch?

We know a song about that, don't we, children?

We know a song about that, don't we, children?

It goes something like this:

In a West End town, a dead end world

The East End boys and South Stand girls

In a West End town, a dead end world

The East End boys and South Stand girls

Dolman girls

Archived