IGNORED

Match Day Thread Blades Vs City

Crackers Corner

A great day for Bristol's professional League Club.....

must remember sometime tomorrow I expect to check out how our local non-league teams get on this weekend...

....... Far too busy with the proper Leagues right now though... :)

0-0 ft. We used to care.

Cant split Wilbs and Flint for MOM. Both were absolutely outstanding. Special mention to for Baldy who made numerous fantastic runs and also Smith who didnt put a foot wrong in the middle. We looked very good, especially in the 2nd half against a team that will be right there come end of season. It's only one game but very promising and with hopefully more to come. Well happy. 

I'd like to say well done city a fantastic opening day win at arguably our biggest rivals in the league this season & how's this for a bit if an omen! Shiny Sheffield were our opponents in the opener in our so nearly prem promotion season!... Let's hope the football gods smile on us this term?.. Ctid

Not convinced about Smith.

Looked a bit careless, and needed to get tighter on their midfielders.

Much better in the second half it must be said.

You are deeply pessimistic!

If we can follow this up with a couple of good performances he will settle!

Not sure what game you watched, yes the midfield lost it's way for the middle third of the game, but in general I thought we controlled midfield, remember it was the first game of the season and we were actually playing against the bookies favourites, so complete dominance of midfield was never going to happen, IMO he looks a great addition to midfield and I thought he played well enough, very tidy in his work.

Good result, and some fantastic performances.

Be interesting to see who starts versus Oxford Tuesday, as can see a few who weren't in the starting line up wanting to prove a point.

Encouraging.  Obviously one swallow does not a summer make, buy genuinely felt that was a progressive performance; demonstrating real development from the side that ended last season on a high.

One thing though; Sheffield United were far from bad, but I did think they perhaps lacked a bit of creativity.  They seemed to be very direct, and can see us facing more cultured and dangerous sides.

Well done City. Very good game from us. Last 25min in the first half a bit not so good. Second we were great I think. Every player did his wok. We have a very good squad and look at our bench. Good to have many good players, the season is long. Made a bet on City today. Watch the game on Sky, 3 points, some money to collect a good game could it be better. Coyr

Great performance, Can't wait for Tuesday now.

Flint MOM in my opinion, Wilbraham and Little excellent also. 

Just want to say as well I thought the Ref had a really good game. Little's was an accident and I thought Smith's was a yellow aswell until I Saw the Replay and the Ref got that right.

I thought both teams looked promotion candidates.. a very enjoyable match for all except the partisan in the last 5 minutes. Probably been mentioned more than once but first time we have won at Brammall Lane since 1957, thats 57 years ago. I believe i am correct.

Be very nice to stay undefeated through August now.

Well done City.. good performances across the park, thought JET should have shown a little more commitment in the box when the goal keeper was always second to the ball.. it could have proved costly. Oh well.. thats part of his make up.

I was coming on here to say how well I thought Smith played, made some excellent tackles, positioned himself well, linked the play together and was always the available man. In terms of those last two areas I could see why he was Oldhams captain last season, he reminded me of LJ. . 

He looked well off the pace and unfit to me.

Wondered why he wasn't starting, now I know.

He should have been first to that ball and stuck it in the net - but he looked like a cart horse and the keeper came from yards behind him and grabbed it.

SC would have noted it...

He certainly should have got to it first that's for sure, I thought at the time 'what is he doing, has the whistle gone'?.

Archived