IGNORED

Carling Cup Team

Alex_BCFC

Would you go changing the team? Should JET/Burns/Reid/Wagstaff all get a chance? Unfortunately they will probably change the kit!

Personally I think Cotteril will leave in those who need games like Ayling but rest players like Elliott for Saturday (not that they should really need a rest...)

These first round games have a funny habit of throwing up odd results and we have a good record of losing to League 2 teams.

Think there are a few with something to prove, so throw them in.

As we know from previous seasons, would be foolish to treat lower division sides as mugs, but this does prove an excellent chance to give the like of JET, Reid, Burns, Bryan and others an opportunity to put positive pressure on the current starting 11.

Think Fielding will stay in goal, Ayling to stay in as well to continue gelling in matches with the rest of our defenders.

Fielding

Ayling  Osborne  El Abd

Wagstaff                                Bryan

Pack       Reid

Burns

JET      Wilbraham

Think Wilbraham will start so that they can see JET with Wilbs in a game, we all know how Sammy and JET do together, we've seen Sammy and Wilbs now, so time to try out JET and Wilbs. Can see Burns playing in behind allowing him to drift to either wing or attack through the middle. I'd expect Wilbs to come off half time maybe 60 mins, with Burns moving up top and maybe Freeman or Smith/Wynter coming on depending on the situation.

Anyone know who vice captain is? If Sammy doesn't play then whose likely to take the arm band? Pack, JET?

Think Fielding will stay in goal, Ayling to stay in as well to continue gelling in matches with the rest of our defenders.

Fielding

Ayling Osborne El Abd

Wagstaff Bryan

Pack Reid

Burns

JET Wilbraham

Think Wilbraham will start so that they can see JET with Wilbs in a game, we all know how Sammy and JET do together, we've seen Sammy and Wilbs now, so time to try out JET and Wilbs. Can see Burns playing in behind allowing him to drift to either wing or attack through the middle. I'd expect Wilbs to come off half time maybe 60 mins, with Burns moving up top and maybe Freeman or Smith/Wynter coming on depending on the situation.

Anyone know who vice captain is? If Sammy doesn't play then whose likely to take the arm band? Pack, JET?

In that team I would suggest pack or Osborne would captain

Fielding

Ayling  Osborne  El Abd

Wagstaff                                Bryan

Pack       Reid

Burns

JET      Wilbraham

Spot on for me! Loving our strength and depth. Feels like the first time in a few years we've got genuine competition in all areas... which is only a good sign. Time for these lads to impress!

Looking at that team think it's only a back up striker and keeper we need. Not sure it's worth spending big bucks on Agard... would rather gamble on a cheap talented youngster

Archived