IGNORED

John Atyeo Statue?

Negan

Are we getting one and has the funds been raised? Sorry if there is somewhere I can find all this information, I had a look and couldn't. Only the link at the top of the page which said they wanted to raise 100,000 by 2011 with 15k already reached. That was obviously some time ago so just wanted to know what was happening with it?

Thanks for any info

We discussed it at last weeks supporters club and trust meeting.  Funds have nearly reached their target.

We are now at the stage where we will be discussing with the club where we would like it to go, approaching designers, and also planning to have a fans vote as to the pose we would like the statue to be.

Hope that helps, it is very much still going to happen.

Just as an aside, the website for the SC&T is due to be relaunched very soon with up to date information.

We discussed it at last weeks supporters club and trust meeting.  Funds have nearly reached their target.

We are now at the stage where we will be discussing with the club where we would like it to go, approaching designers, and also planning to have a fans vote as to the pose we would like the statue to be.

Just as an aside, the website for the SC&T is due to be relaunched very soon with up to date information.

Got to be the arms aloft, celebrating promotion after the Oldham (I think?) game.

This un

atty9qh.jpg

Cheers Dolls! Should have just asked you on twitter!

Got to be the arms aloft, celebrating promotion after the Oldham (I think?) game.

This un

atty9qh.jpg

I believe I see Lou Peters, but who is between him and Mr Atyeo?

Whatever, there must absolutely be a John Atyeo stand (Wedlock a hero, but unfortunately a long time ago: Harry Dolman? A difficult one because he and his wife still! deserve some memory)

Gerry Sharpe

Going off at a tangent (nothing new on the forum), Gerry Sharpe was a very talented left winger who's career was finished by an awful tackle. He broke his leg and when it was set it was slightly shorter than the other one.

Going off at a tangent (nothing new on the forum), Gerry Sharpe was a very talented left winger who's career was finished by an awful tackle. He broke his leg and when it was set it was slightly shorter than the other one.

... in an awful tackle from Eric McMordie of Middlesbrough in front of the Dolman ...

... in an awful tackle from Eric McMordie of Middlesbrough in front of the Dolman ...

OK, Thanks and I recognise him now you mention it.

I was going to reply to Pongo about his broken leg being against Mboro, but see that RH has added the details.

It was, indeed, an awful tackle, and I well recall the 'crack'.

I also recall some imbecile singing 'You'll never walk again' and getting his come-uppence. 

• SC&T Board Members

I've got a certificate, confirming reservation of my name on the plinth of this statue - I'm assuming all of that still stands, or have plans changed now?

Still stands. We'll be double-checking the old records and verifying everyone's participation in due course.

Archived