IGNORED

Wake Me Up

BA12RED

Spot on. I would only add that El Abd had an improved game defensively

he had a decent game for me, he covered the left wing back postion well, he tried to orginise at the back he put hard but fair tackles in and was decent in the air, his passing was acceptable but nothing brilliant,

I don't mind him being cover,

aye he did but thats no excuse really he got it wrong,

I'm not going to moan at him for that as the 11 that were playing should of been good enough toe beat oxford (no disrespect to them),

What I took from the game last night is I pray to good I don't see reid jet pack in a city shirt any time soon, Bryan needs to learn how to defend better, fielding is going to be a liability as he can't control his area,

Wagstaff isn't a centre midfielder ( a postion I myself was keen to see him play in), Wynter may have a future at this club but still needs to improve,

Ayling needs to improve and stop giving away needless free kicks (the ones El Abd use to give away) but other then that looks like he is going to be a tidy player

baldock still can't play as a target man

and we need netting behind the redvelopment

also to the East End shed man, you are my hero

So if you got all that from the game, maybe SC did too. Ergo, he got it right ;-)

So if you got all that from the game, maybe SC did too. Ergo, he got it right ;-)

:laugh: you know what I meant,

He got it wrong because we lost, but he used it as a chance for the fringe players to get game time, I'm sure the tin pot will be the same and we may take the fine,

I think the FA cup he will go for as it generates more mone then the other two combined,

How can anyone be grateful that we were knocked out by a League 2 team in our first home game of the season. I really hope that SC does not share your views.

Im grateful because in the long run, its not a competition we're going to get far in for any real benefit. Its given the manager a chance to test fringe players in a nothing match and not risk it in a league game. Lets face it, the only likely event of playing the 'first team' in this cup is getting injuries or suspensions this early in the calendar so, yes, that is why im grateful we're out of is. Now we can concentrate on the league.  The only real shame is that those fringe players didnt take their opportunity last night.

If you're that disapointed by being out of it, you always have the JPT or whatever its called these days to look forward to.

Trouble is City are perfectly capable of being dire in the League and the League cup.

Yes we are, but let's not forget that we had an outstanding win + peformance at Bramall Lane just a few days ago. I expect us to make it 6 points from 6 against a fairly poor Colchester side that lost their best defender to a red card last night

Although I don't think city set out to lose the game, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of conversation pre season about our targets this year in which the league cup didn't feature. If, fingers crossed, there is a real promotion push then I'd still hope the FA cup is taken seriously as it should be. Likewise, there must be a feeling that we can really progress in the JPT so we might have a go then too. The League cup though? I think it would have been the lowest of our priorities this season and I suggest - like it or not - nobody at the club is all that bothered.

I haven't been a JET knocker in the past but have to admit he was woeful last night and deserves to sit on the bench (if that) for some time yet if he continues to perform as badly. Looked unfit and disinterested. Cant for the life of me think why Baldock played. Were Brighton there watching him or has he said that if he is to stay then he must play every game ? If not, why risk him picking up an injury or booking/sending off when we need him for the bread/butter league games. Strange decision especially when it was a good opportunity to maybe try Burns up top. 10 minutes here and ten minutes there when games are over wont do that kid any good and will wreck his confidence.

Archived