IGNORED

Wake Me Up

BA12RED

One game with a different line up - no need to panic. Personally I'm grateful we're out of that tin cup as it gives us a chance to focus on priorities. Of course there'll be words after that but fans dont need to panic. Draw a line under tonight and move on.

How can anyone be grateful that we were knocked out by a League 2 team in our first home game of the season. I really hope that SC does not share your views.

Did anyone in red give a simple **** tonight? Complacent to the highest level. If complacency happens in the cup it can in the league too. I'll forgive most things in football but not complacency.

Rather compacency is found out tonight and worked on tomorrow rather than in a league game where we'd have lost 3 points. Onwards and upwards.

A number of players had a chance to impress tonight and stake a claim for a first team place.

They all failed miserably, and could hardly have failed more miserably.

Without Elliott and Flint no sign of any sort inspirational leader figure on the field either. It certainly isn't Baldock.

Personally - and I'm a Cottterill 'fan' - not happy at all about playing such a weakened team, and surrendering to a spirited Oxford team so meekly.

It was dreadful.

Completely illogical to make so many changes and several will have played themselves out of contention for a first team place tonight.

Must say though that the much maligned El-Abd was one of the better performers, not that I expect to see him start on Saturday.

But SC didn't exactly help his "second-string" by the shape he played....Wagstaff in central midfield I never want to see again. That did not help Reid or Pack one bit. I couldn't even work out where Reid was playing but he was largely completely isolated and had a 'mare as a result. JET and Baldock up top together! They were playing half a mile apart.

SC left it far to long to make the changes, it was obvious inside 15 mins it wasn't going to work. I wonder if the fact we were 1-0 up influenced him or if he didn't give a shit enough about the competition to risk his "first teamers".

And there was far too much woooosh

It was dreadful.

Completely illogical to make so many changes and several will have played themselves out of contention for a first team place tonight.

Must say though that the much maligned El-Abd was one of the better performers, not that I expect to see him start on Saturday.

Wilbraham must be thinking that his place is guaranteed.  

El Abd was ok, but still doesn't look convincing as a commanding defender.

If I had to pick out the least bad of them, I would probably say Wynter looked the most promising of the youngsters.

But it was shameful the way we let Oxford dictate play and get at us. They wanted it and went out and earned it.

We, on the other hand, surrendered.

Too many changes made for my money. Im all for making changes with so many games coming up this week but you cant put in 8 new faces and expect to get anywhere near the same result/performance as saturday gone. Tonight was the old city, boring, predictable and pedestrian. Lucky for us the new city showed us what can be done last saturday and will hopefully show us again this one.

I actually thought Pack wasn't too bad although he faded as the game went on.

Wynter showed one or two signs of promise, but he's a bit lightweight and doesn't move the ball quick enough.

Reid - very poor

JET - hopeless

Bryan - peaked with his first touch of the ball

Baldock and Wagstaff ran around a lot but didn't affect the game at all

Ayling was poor - can see 1 change for Saturday with possibly Osborne replacing him

El Abd was ok I think - customary yellow card for being 5 mins too late into one tackle.

Don't think any of the eight who missed out tonight will be sweating too much on the place for the weekend.

After his performance again tonight I wouldn't care if we sold JET he's not the player we signed he doesn't look interested gives the ball away too often doesn't chase back seems a yard slower and is not a threat to the opposition like he was last season. In all fairness he's been like this since SOD left and I don't think Cotts will put up with this much longer..

Anyway back to tonight the midfield (or lack of one) were a disgrace , Reid, Wagsatff and Pack were all non existant  Fielding was flapping a lot at crosses into the box and lots vunerable

I Thought El Abd and Wynter played well also  Baldock was running his socks off and only got some help up top when Wilbraham came on late in the game.

It just goes to prove our 2nd string players are not good enough and this needs to be addressed before we can think of ourselves as serious promotion candidates 

After his performance again tonight I wouldn't care if we sold JET he's not the player we signed he doesn't look interested gives the ball away too often doesn't chase back seems a yard slower and is not a threat to the opposition like he was last season. In all fairness he's been like this since SOD left and I don't think Cotts will put up with this much longer..

Anyway back to tonight the midfield (or lack of one) were a disgrace , Reid, Wagsatff and Pack were all non existant Fielding was flapping a lot at crosses into the box and lots vunerable

I Thought El Abd and Wynter played well also Baldock was running his socks off and only got some help up top when Wilbraham came on late in the game.

It just goes to prove our 2nd string players are not good enough and this needs to be addressed before we can think of ourselves as serious promotion candidates

Cheer up mate.. It's the capital one cup. Give the lads a chance ffs

Wilbraham must be thinking that his place is guaranteed.  

El Abd was ok, but still doesn't look convincing as a commanding defender.

If I had to pick out the least bad of them, I would probably say Wynter looked the most promising of the youngsters.

But it was shameful the way we let Oxford dictate play and get at us. They wanted it and went out and earned it.

We, on the other hand, surrendered.

El-Abd did several of his trademark clatters and picked up a predictable card. If we had him as first choice defender he'd spend half the season suspended.

The only plus point for me tonight was the return of Osborne, who looked capable and completely recovered from his injury.

Typical of OTIB to be overreacting like this. Wolves lost 1-0 to Morecambe in the 1st round last year whereas we beat Gillingham + Palace comfortably, yet in the league where results actually matter they stormed it and we were dire. League Cup results mean nothing, especially when we make 8 changes to our starting 11.

Typical of OTIB to be overreacting like this. Wolves lost 1-0 to Morecambe in the 1st round last year whereas we beat Gillingham + Palace comfortably, yet in the league where results actually matter they stormed it and we were dire. League Cup results mean nothing, especially when we make 8 changes to our starting 11.

Trouble is City are perfectly capable of being dire in the League and the League cup.

Cheer up mate.. It's the capital one cup. Give the lads a chance ffs

I take it you weren't there mate as if you were you would be livid as well. Yes it's the 1st round of the cup but its the manor of the defeat which upsets,  3 or 4 of the players just didn't look interested and let a lively Oxford side take control of the game and make us look a poor side (which we are not).

It goes to show that our second string players are just not up for it and if Smith and Elliott are out at the same time we would be knackered as there's no decent cover for midfield 

Too many changes made for my money. Im all for making changes with so many games coming up this week but you cant put in 8 new faces and expect to get anywhere near the same result/performance as saturday gone. Tonight was the old city, boring, predictable and pedestrian. Lucky for us the new city showed us what can be done last saturday and will hopefully show us again this one.

To be fair, SC did say he was using the game to experiment

To be fair, SC did say he was using the game to experiment

aye he did but thats no excuse really he got it wrong,

I'm not going to moan at him for that as the 11 that were playing should of been good enough toe beat oxford (no disrespect to them),

What I took from the game last night is I pray to good I don't see reid jet pack in a city shirt any time soon, Bryan needs to learn how to defend better, fielding is going to be a liability as he can't control his area,

Wagstaff isn't a centre midfielder ( a postion I myself was keen to see him play in), Wynter may have a future at this club but still needs to improve,

Ayling needs to improve and stop giving away needless free kicks (the ones El Abd use to give away) but other then that looks like he is going to be a tidy player

baldock still can't play as a target man

and we need netting behind the redvelopment

also to the East End shed man, you are my hero

Only highlight for me was Wynter. Played very well IMO

As for Reid, Pack and JET... Dreadful. Our midfield was non existent tonight

Spot on. I would only add that El Abd had an improved game defensively

Archived